Sick and not getting any better

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's why these symtoms weren't going away! At least you have an answer now to why you've been feeling so awful. Boy, I sure am a bad nurse friend, I'm so sorry I never thought of that! Poor Tanya, please feel better soon.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BUMMER! As if it wasn't crummy enough already!
Tanya
Sounds as if you're in for a miserable time for a while. Hope you can get some relief, and start feeling better soon. Please take care.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read this now, and was glad to see you say you were going to see your regular doctor today, as I thought this sounded like more (really). Re the mono...please do what you need to do to get better...I don't know what the current protocol is, but I know it doesn't involve activties as usual...you need rest. I do hope your doctor prescribed some!

Sorry to hear about the car...I agree, I'd try the police again, and certainly give this gal's license plate number to your insurance company.

Is there a no cell phone while driving law in your state? If so, the police ought to take this a bit more seriously, you could have been really hurt by this idjit!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tanya, we are Pityriasis Rosea sisters!!! I am struggling with a bad case of it right now. I am so miserable! I don't have mono, though. How horrible for you, I'm so sorry!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you are really having a horrible time.
Sounds like you should still be on other antibiotics.
A Z-pack IMO isn't strong enough.
I just had a Z-pack for a bad cold I had and it didn't even knock the thing out.
How do you get this Pityriasis Rosea ??
Gosh, I pray I never get it!

The police sound like they were being royal jerks!!
I would definitely try again.
You have the license number for God sakes!
How can they dismiss this?
What were you supposed to do, pull over and sit and wait on a
cop to show up and tell him the same thing you did when you called.

I hope your luck and your health changes for the better real soon!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At this point I am not even worried about the car thing. Normally I would be so mad and fight to make sure something happened but I just don't feel like dealing with it. There wasn't any damage but a small scrath on my mirror, so I am just hoping the "what goes around comes around" theory gets back to her.

I have researched the Pityriasis Rosea and it isn't know how you get it. It is mildly contagious of you rub someone's rash, but that's not the way you typically get it. It's just a virus and no amount of antibiotics will help it. Same with the mono.

Thanks so much for all the good thoughts. I am definately going to get rest and make sure I drink lots of fluids. I am adding some vitamins to my diet as well, and am going to try grape seed extract as well. I hope somehow I will be able to at least get rid of some of these symptoms.

Oh and popsicles sound like a great idea, I don't know why I didn't think of them. I bet they would help my mouth and throat feel better.

Kelly, I hope you start feeling better soon as well. How long have you had the Pityriasis now?

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, I hope you start feeling better soon as well. How long have you had the Pityriasis now?[/quote]
Thanks,Tanya! I've had it about 2 1/2 weeks now. For relief of itching, I always find comfort soaking in a hot bath and using Cortaid. It still itches when I use the Cortaid but it definitely helps! It has spread a bit up onto my neck and pretty much all over my torso. Luckily for us, it's not supposed to invade the face!!!

kathryn41

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if this will help with the itching in this case or not, but last summer when I had a really bad episode with poison ivy, I found that taking some of the gel packs that you freeze and use for sprains, wrapping them in a tea towel and them putting them over the affected areas really helped to relieve the itching. I rotated the cold gel pack around the different areas - even slept with it at night - until it thawed then replaced it with another.

I do hope you are feeling better soon - that really is a double whammy.

Kathryn