Sick After Vet Visit...

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I went to the vet with my cat today and he was checked, he also has some blood work done.
It seems his blood came back ok but he is a bit deshidratated.
Now the problem is now, he is home but doesn't look like he is feeling well.
He can't hold himself up very well, his breath is a bit high, he doesn' have a good balance.
Is this normal? He was very stressed at the vet...He even pooped himself:(
Should I be worried about this symptoms?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless his heart. It could be the stress. I would make sure he has access to food and water, and his litter box. Then try to be quite and calm. If he gets worse or continues you may have to take him back to the vet. but if he is just scared and stressed i would think he will be better in a few hours of quiet time. You may want to call your vet and get his opinion?

Did he get shots, or any medications that could be causing a reaction? Let us know how it goes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bless his heart. It could be the stress. I would make sure he has access to food and water, and his litter box. Then try to be quite and calm. If he gets worse or continues you may have to take him back to the vet. but if he is just scared and stressed i would think he will be better in a few hours of quiet time. You may want to call your vet and get his opinion?

Did he get shots, or any medications that could be causing a reaction? Let us know how it goes.
He didn' get any shots, just the blood work but he was very stressed out, like I never saw him before. He did eat a bit and had a bit of water, now he is sitting on the bed and his breath is a bit heavy but it seems to have around 44 beats a minute, and apparently that' good.
He doesn' have to much strenght in his back legs, maybe the way they handled him, he seems to be sleepy but I think he is still stressed and not really in the mood for sleep.