Siblings With Cats

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many of us cat people also have siblings who are cat people?

I have two brothers-we've got six cats between the three of us. My younger brother has a tortoiseshell named Emma and a black DLH named Riddle. My youngest brother has black-and-white littermates named Frank and Bertha.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of my siblings have cats. One sister has one cat, my other sister has 3 cats and my brother has 5 cats.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we currently have five cats (and a Beast), down from eight cats: Ms. Pepe, Amber Louise, Mollipop, Tabby, and Muffin. The Beast is Jackie.

My sister and BIL currently have seven cats: two girls and five boys, down from nine cats: Harley, Whisk, Liam, Lawrence, Thaddeus, Samarrah, and Maisie.

My brother and SIL currently have one little girl (but at one time, they had five cats): Tigger

Rick's sister and BIL never had any cats because they always considered themselves "dog people". And then a stray found them. Georgina (previously known as George) was pregnant and gave birth to Hannah, Manny (who passed away), and Mo. And then Izzy, the Gentleman Stray, found them. So they currently have four cats, two girls and two boys: Georgina, Hannah, Mo, and Izzy.

Ironically, none of our human kids have cats. Our son has Beatrice, a golden retriever. My nephew has Roman, the Biggest German Shepherd On The Face Of The Earth. My niece has Rocko, a boxer. So just dogs there.

Our granddaughter would dearly love to have a cat; in fact, she has asked me several times if she could have our Muffin. Our grandson is allergic to cats, so Muffin stays with us. Not that I could ever give that cat up....not even if my life depended on it.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Out of four of us, only me and my youngest brother are cat people, and he is highly allergic to cats! (hives). By accident he discovered he was not allergic to purebred siamese cats, and has had one in his life ever since. I know for a fact they do have a different coat and even have a special 'odor' about them. My non purebred flame point has a coarser, oiler fur, and that odor I have always associated with Siamese. He inherited the beautiful deep blue eyes too, and was born pure white. It's odd because this brother also matches me more in personality and looks too, while my other two siblings who could care less about cats took after the 'other' side of the family in temperament and looks.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
y sisters both have dogs. I don't understand it because we never had dogs when we were kids, just cats. But my Dad was a big time cat person. At one time, he had more than a dozen.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My younger brother adores cats and he's rescued a few strays over the years, never buys just rescues so good for him.
My older brother has two BSH's whom he treats like royalty with a nicely built cat run outside.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents have 5 cats and 2 dogs. My middle brother has 4 cats. His wife has threatened to leave him if he brings any more home ;). I told her I'm sorry, it's genetic. My youngest brother doesn't have any cats because he lives in a no-pet apartment. When he gets his own place I'm pretty sure he'll end up with a couple at least.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents have 5 cats and 2 dogs. My middle brother has 4 cats. His wife has threatened to leave him if he brings any more home ;). I told her I'm sorry, it's genetic. My youngest brother doesn't have any cats because he lives in a no-pet apartment. When he gets his own place I'm pretty sure he'll end up with a couple at least.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a brother and sister. I have 7 ferals, my brother and his wife have one cat that they rescued and my sister and her husband have 2 Boston Terriers. They don't like cats. At one time I had a large colony of ferals and 8 indoor cats that I rescued. I am partially disabled and am unable to care for anymore inside cats. (changing litter boxes and getting them to the vet when needed).

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's pretty much just me. My brother is an addict and my sister stopped talking to the family like 7 years ago. She had a cat from time to time, but they would either run away or get hit by a truck or eaten by coyotes. Great parenting.
My 10 year boyfriend and I have four cats with his kids. I think one of my aunts may have a cat.
Cats don't run in the family.