Siamese

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi gss! I'm from the Cleveland area also
One thing to know is that the Siamese rescue that Gaye listed is a foster home rescue, i.e. all cats are kept in a home environment, one VERY different from that of a shelter like the APL. The cats at the APL are kept in cages surrounded by other animals in a noisy environment. I'd hide under the bed too! Getting a cat from a Siamese rescue, you don't really have the guarantee that they are purebred, but if they look and act like a Meezer, what's the difference? plus, being cared for in a foster home, they will be able to give you an idea of their personality. And I know that their average adoption fee is around $150.00 which is a LOT less than you're going to pay for a purebred kitten.. also cats from the rescue come altered and vaccinated- no vet bills for awhile! Just something to think about
as you can tell I've looked into it

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Siamese I rescured was from a lady who rescured dogs,this was the frist cat she ever had,.The kitten came from a backyard breeder,who thought the kitten was going to die because the mommy would not let her nurse,So Carrie stepped in and bottle fed her intill she was old enough to be go. That was when I got her.I do not care if she is pure breed or not, she lookes all Siamese.And I am glad I have her,she is a sweetie!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always had traditional siamese (chocolate point is my personal fav) and I've only had one siamese at a time and all male until Yen. They can most definately get their point across, but if you give them an appropriate amount of time and make sure the kitten/cat picks you and your personalities are a match, that should help out alot.