Siamese?

renstwin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
BA11D9C6-A283-46BD-A2B8-64A41A7AAE90.jpeg
EBAFEC88-FF9E-4033-9EFD-5659191157A1.jpeg
So I was leaving Petsmart with my cat food. I was approached by a woman who said her mother had passed. The lady was desperate to find someone to take this cat to find it a home. She has a pit bull and our area shelters supposedly turned her away. He’s about five to six months. The lady said he was Siamese....any ideas?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
renstwin renstwin - The photos aren't great at showing the shade difference between the tail and the other points, but from the mask, head contours and pointing, I'd say that he's a pretty darned good Blue Point Siamese. Perhaps not quite Supreme Grand Champion class, but with a pedigree, he'd show pretty well in TICA shows.

Congratulations - he's a beautiful fellow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renstwin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. My heart went out to this little guy, I’m sure he’s had a rough week with his owner dying and now he’s being shuffled about.

I thought he was brown in the carrier but when I took him home and he came out his head paws and tail are all a beautiful light gray. I have no experience with Siamese cats but he seems friendly and as soon as I come in his room he snuggles and purrs. It will be hard to give him up.

He’s getting neutered tomorrow.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Siamese old type, nowadays often called for Thai, that is. color of the point probably blue (ie gray). Very nice.

A win win situation here. You got this beautie, this cat got a new good home. His caretaker the dau can relax and has has peace of mind, and the soul of this old lady may rest in peace...

Of course, he MAY be from almost any two cats, but both carrying the point gene. The result is often a look alike to a siamese old type... Such happens for example sometimes in the Russian Blue breed - because they used some blue pointed siameses 70 years ago. BUT had not actively used known point gene carriers in the breeding programmes for at least 50 years now...

Ps. Now since a 5 years, the known point carriers are allowed again to be used for breeding. The point look in RB isnt wished, BUT the gene as such is totally harmless healthwise, and there are other genes more important to try to get rid off when breeding for sound healthy cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renstwin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks again. I had him at the vets office today for his neuter surgery and rabies vaccines. The girls were asking around but it’s hard to get cats into homes as most of us know.

I’m not opposed to keeping him if he gets along with my other two if I’m being honest with myself.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks again. I had him at the vets office today for his neuter surgery and rabies vaccines. The girls were asking around but it’s hard to get cats into homes as most of us know.

I’m not opposed to keeping him if he gets along with my other two if I’m being honest with myself.
renstwin renstwin - No doubt all of us hope that he'll get along with your two current kitties then. Thanks for going the extra mile for this beautiful fellow; you were a Friend when he most needed one. Bravo - and Bless you.