Siam has cancer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by meezersmom2

I'm so sorry to hear about Siam. My heart goes out to you, I have known the loss of a kitty from cancer, but not so young. I never used to realize that cats are also subject to this dreadful disease. (Doesn't seem fair, does it?)
May you treasure every moment of the time Siam has yet to spend with you.
Thinking of you & your beloved kitty.
You are so right that it's not fair. I keep saying that through my tears. Our whole lives have been turned upside down. It started out with me being mostly concerned with his sneezing and then finding a swelling on his side. Even the vet didn't seem too concerned, said he was too young to have cancer and that he would be much sicker. After the blood panel and the needle biopsy on the lump, our whole world that revolves around our kitties came to a crash. It sucks (am I allowed to say that here?) It's already having an effect on his kidneys and that is the beginning of the end. I had thought I'd have many years with my meezer boy, but it's not to be.
I knew I would find compassion and understanding here. Thank you all!

faerie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know EXACTLY how you feel. My best friend in the whole world Minstrel was diagnosed 5 weeks ago. I had the option for surgery, which I took. When they called to say the op was over, they also said it was a nasty tumour which they couldnt totally remove, that some was still there ... I am taking each day as it comes, but I am just soo angry ... IT ISNT FAIR, its awful, you feel soo powerless. You do everything you can for your furry family, you make sure they get the best food, the exersize, the jabs they need, everything to keep them fit, happy and healthy. I have said to my hubby in the past, that I dread the day I would wake up and she had passed, peacefully, in the night in her sleep .... guess that was me being selfish ...

All you can do, is make sure Siam knows he is loved and you are there for him

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everytime I read on here about someone's kitty being fatally ill my eyes always fill will tears. I know the pain of loss and I also know the power of love.
We love them so completely and unconditionally that we lose a bit ourselves when they go.
When his time comes take comfort in the fact that so many of our young ones are waiting for a new playmate in kitty heaven. They will keep him company and show him the ropes.
Hugs to you and your family.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to get more prednisone for Siam today. They upped his dosage to two tabs a day. They said that should perk up his appetite. He will only eat about a half a spoonful at a time. Whenever he's up and about, I'm trying to tempt him with food. Yesterday he had bits of salmon, scallops, bacon and whatever Fancy Feast I could manage to tempt him with. I also bought some Nutra-Cal, but he would not touch it. I was so worried about him today. It was a very heavy mail day at the P.O. and I didn't get done until late. I was afraid he was starving because he no longer will eat dry food. Can't leave wet food down cuz chubby Spud will eat it all.
But I don't find it very encouraging when they only give enough meds for a week at a time.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You and precious Siam remain in my thoughts.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank all of you!
You have been awesome in your understanding, compassion and support.
I've been having a rough time tonight, and I appreciate everyone of you. I've heard enough people say "It's just a cat. You can get another." I want to hurt those people. He's my baby, a four footed furry child. I feel sorry for the people that will never know that kind of love.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean when they say its only a Cat. Lucy died on teh way to the Er Vet when I was at work and I was yelled at for Crying there. Patches died at the Er Vet and I asked to go home and my Mgr refused to come in and said it was just a Cat. This happened in 1998 and 2001. i hope your Cat feels better

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been wanting to reply this to let you know I have recently been through this. But I am still having a hard dealing with the fact I lost my Willow to cancer. Willow died from Fibrosarcoma and it took her fast. During her last few weeks I was sad and stressed and worried that I actually made myself sick and had to go the doctor and have CT scans, thankfully they found nothing. I know it had to do with my Willow being sick. I just want you to know that I understand how you feel and what you are going through. Willow was not just a cat.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little Siam
I've dealt with 2 of my cats with cancer - its not a good thing. My first cat was 13 when he died; the other was about 5 yrs old.

Try to remember all the good times and fun things. He'll be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

He's my baby, a four footed furry child. I feel sorry for the people that will never know that kind of love.
Our sweet kitties give us unconditional love.

For some kitty Mommies and Daddies, the grief process is exactly like losing a child.

I am holding you and your precious Siam close to my heart.