Shy New 10 Year Old Rescue Female Cat

ahmom3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this post is part of my introduction but it's relevant here as well. We have been slowly acquired 3 cats in the last year. Our first cat my daughter found in a dumpster Nigel (he's black), our second was from her friend pleading with her to take him because her father was going to put him down at 6 weeks old, Quincy (he's white and gray) and our third cat is a ten year old shelter cat, Dolly, because the Spanish word for doll was written on the crate she was left in (although she was only there for 10 days, someone left her in a super small crate outside the shelter overnight in a thunderstorm, there was an inch of water in her crate when they found her in the morning) she's a black tabby. Right now we have her separated because we just got her. We also have a pit mix who loves the cats, although this feeling is not returned :lol:. Thankfully, they have reached an agreement over who owns the house and makes the rules, the cats.

Last night we had an accidental meeting of the cats. Quincy went down the hall while my daughter was going into my room where we have been keeping Dolly he crept down the hall until she started growling and just sat there. Dolly eventually stopped growling but we had a 20 minute stare down and then we were able to put Quincy in me daughter's room, which was good because Nigel was coming to see what all the fuss was about.

This time the growling did not stop because Nigel decided that he need to get up close with Dolly. He kept creeping closer until he got several bats to the nose, no claws and he backed up. Finally Dolly rolled on her side, but kept growling, while Nigel was trying to get closer, Dolly never moved. Eventually Nigel retreated and Dolly decided to come out of my room and explore the hallway, walking within inches of Nigel, smelling their litter box and under the other doors. The encounter ended when Dolly finally retreated back into my room and went to sleep and Nigel walked away.

We have only had Dolly since Thursday night, I know it is too soon for introductions but from what I saw I think it went pretty well. Am I wrong?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like it went pretty well. Do Nigel and Quincy get along well? That's quite the story about Dolly. What is the Spanish word for doll, is it Munequita? I remember that word from a song and I think it means little doll.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ahmom3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nigel and Quincy get along, they have been together since Nigel was 4 months and Quincy was 6 weeks. Quincy hates the dog and torments her every chance he gets, Nigel could care less about her. Muneica is what was written on her crate. The shelter told us it means doll in Spanish. If you do a google translate there is actually a tilde ~ over the n which makes the n sound like yn.