Shows? In Canada?

nolia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried googling unsuccessfully so I guess I'm not searching in the right places.

How do I find cat shows in Canada, particularly the Toronto area? Someone mentioned that I should enter my calico in HHP which got me interested in the entire "show" culture. I'm not even sure that I will enter, but where can I find more information on this kind of stuff? It seems to me that these shows are big in the US, but does anyone have experience with cat shows, specifically HHP division, here in the Toronto area?

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Try the TICA website or the CFA website and check their show schedules. I just checked TICA and there doesn't seem to be any shows listed for your area. For us in SK, we have to travel to Alberta to attend and compete, but it's well worth it. It is so much fun, lots of other like-minded cat people who will chat you up and brag lovingly about their cats. They are also great for information on a variety of issues.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in BC, and for CFA I have to travel down into Washington. I have a better selection of shows under TICA and ACFA but would prefer to show CFA.