Shows And Movies That Make You Cry

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm curious to know what they are for everyone.

I was just rewatching my favorite episode of Doctor Who. No matter how many times I see "Vincent and the Doctor", I wind up bawling. It manages to be both heartbreaking and life-affirming. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen on television.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is the final Tennant episode 'End of Time'. When the Ood start singing Vale Decem, I start crying. "I don't want to go".
Other than that, the beginning of 'Up' always tears me up. And 'The Boy In the Striped Pajamas' makes me cry like a baby.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may sound silly but there is a scene in "How to tame your Dragon" that gets me. When the boy reaches out his hand and the dragon leans forward and presses his forehead against it. It's a huge leap of faith for both of them and it touches my heart every time. I'm even getting a little misty eyed thinking about it.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only times I've cried during movies have been when an animal or a child dies. The one movie/documentary that ripped me to shreds though was called Dear Zachary. I'm still broken up about it and I haven't seen it in over 7 years.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Infinity War.

(I don't know how to do a spoiler tag so for anyone who doesn't want to know what happens, scroll past this post quickly)

The scenes where Vision dies and Gamora is sacrificed make me cry so hard. Vision was so brave, and Wanda had to watch him die twice... Also, all the deaths that happened after Thanos' snap were heart-wrenching. Especially Drax... And poor Tony, stuck on Titan with only Nebula.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend bawled at the end of The LEGO Movie :lol:

Manchester by the Sea - BF didn’t want to watch it and was playing video games with headphones. Everytime he looked over I was more and more wrecked.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually anything focusing on the Holocaust; especially The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and the 2009 British adaptation of The Diary of Anne Frank (I think it's especially poignant watching things about real-life victims; as you know what happens at the end, so it means getting through happier scenes of life before the Nazis even more difficult). Along similar lines The Book Thief made me cry too.

As others have said animal deaths often make me emotional too.
And I cried at the ending of the Korean show Andante, as well as during the animes Your Lie in April, Charlotte and Orange.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last time I cried was the final episode of Once Upon a Time, one particular part. It really doesn't take much to get me, but like others have said if something happens to an animal, which is why I don't watch movies with animals if I can help it because that seems to be a standard ploy for most movies.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Futurama episode "Jurassic Bark". If there is anybody who can watch that without at least getting choked up, they have no feelings. Stupid cartoon. . .
We have the entire Futurama series on dvd and have watched it through dozens of times. Just not THAT episode. We have to skip it. Too heartwrenching.

jeannecarol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You had to remind me of "Jurassic Bark"... :bawling:

Yeah, the beginning of UP is surefire. But the one that has the tears running down my neck every time I see it is the Zeffirelli Romeo and Juliet.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I teared up just a little during the season 2 finale of Timeless, during the scene when Lucy was crying and had pretty much given up and Flynn was consoling her. The Rufus death scene was pretty sad too, but for some reason that didn't make me cry. Most of you will probably have no clue what I'm talking about since the ratings for Timeless are really low and no one seems to watch it but me! Great show though. I hope NBC gives it another chance and renews it for season 3.