Showing HHP

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok the server ate my post i just submitted so here it goes again...

We use the softpaws because i have 2 small children and a 9 pound chinese crested hairless dog. PB is constantly pouncing on our dog Calista and pounces on the kids as they walk thru the house. If we did not use the softpaws on PB, Calista our dog would have multiple horrible scars and we would be dealing with a lot of staph infections. Even with our daily regime of bathing Calista every day and using lotions and ointments on her skin, she still gets staph infections very easily and PB has caused quite a few since he was brought home. PB also has a horrible habit of pouncing and grabbing mine, and my kids legs as we are walking down the hallway in our house. Ihave multiple scars and scratches on the back of my legs from PB as well as on my arms and scalp where he would knead me while i am sleeping. The reason i was asking is so i could know if they are allowed or not so i could plan a possible show entry for him. I would love to enter a HHP show with him even if its just one time. PB will let me clip his claws on a regular basis but it doenst stop the scratches he leaves on us.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by amitya

ok the server ate my post i just submitted so here it goes again...

We use the softpaws because i have 2 small children and a 9 pound chinese crested hairless dog. PB is constantly pouncing on our dog Calista and pounces on the kids as they walk thru the house. If we did not use the softpaws on PB, Calista our dog would have multiple horrible scars and we would be dealing with a lot of staph infections. Even with our daily regime of bathing Calista every day and using lotions and ointments on her skin, she still gets staph infections very easily and PB has caused quite a few since he was brought home. PB also has a horrible habit of pouncing and grabbing mine, and my kids legs as we are walking down the hallway in our house. Ihave multiple scars and scratches on the back of my legs from PB as well as on my arms and scalp where he would knead me while i am sleeping. The reason i was asking is so i could know if they are allowed or not so i could plan a possible show entry for him. I would love to enter a HHP show with him even if its just one time. PB will let me clip his claws on a regular basis but it doenst stop the scratches he leaves on us.
My cat Leo did the exact same thing, but we put a stop to that.

How you ask?

I brought home a kitten.

Seriously, though, it works. He'd leave the dog alone, he'd leave you alone and he might be happier

Must my 2 cents of unsolicited advice. Glad to hear you chose SoftPaws over declawing!! Great for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used soft paws on one of my kittens because she thought we were trees and would jump up and hang off of my back! Ugh how painful. There was no way to prevent her, she'd be so fast. She no longer needs teh soft paws as we think we've broken the behavior. However it dosen't stop me from getting claw marks as she dosen't like being handled. However, I'm working with her on that one. She's already getting better.

Luckily our girl Autumn that we want to show is very gentle so its not a problem with her.