Show me your eyes

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My sweet girl Chestnut, she was looking up at her daddy waiting to get fed.  I had been away that morning so they got some alone time in.

This unfortunately is the last picture ever taken of my sweet angel.  Chestnut passed away from a massive heart attack yesterday in my arms after eating her last delicious lunch.  I just wanted to post this picture of her one last time.  

You can see how her eyes were getting that glazed look, poor girl has been ill for a while, and her heart just couldn't take it anymore.
2Cats4everLoved 2Cats4everLoved
Yea, those soulful eyes, poor Chestnut. My heart goes with you.
2Cats4everLoved :alright: :grphug:

turkangmix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They come at a cost though. She is deaf and I read I think it is this w gene that is hereditary in only white cats.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
They come at a cost though. She is deaf and I read I think it is this w gene that is hereditary in only white cats.
That is true only on all white cats who do not have speck of another color on them. Those who only had a bit of color when they were kittens which faded away do not carry the gene for deafness. Any cat can be deaf and not carry the gene, something could have happened while still in the womb or shortly after. Nevertheless,your kitty has to stay inside for her own protection.

turkangmix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is true only on all white cats who do not have speck of another color on them. Those who only had a bit of color when they were kittens which faded away do not carry the gene for deafness. Any cat can be deaf and not carry the gene, something could have happened while still in the womb or shortly after. Nevertheless,your kitty has to stay inside for her own protection.
I cannot imagine that she would live for long . I heard back from friends in Poland that said one of the other two sisters that could hear had unfortunately run over by a car in the village were she was staying.