luckyblackcat

Devoted Cat Momma
Young Cat
Purraise

luckyblackcat

Devoted Cat Momma
Young Cat
Purraise
They certainly are very big and bright. I've never seen such a color on a cat in person.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
She's very pretty @Raina21  It's good to know what the colour variation in the eye is called. A few of my cats have got very dark green centers to their iris and then pale yellow at the edges. Is it only heterochromia if it's blue at the center? Or do green and yellow eyes count too?

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's very pretty @Raina21
 It's good to know what the colour variation in the eye is called. A few of my cats have got very dark green centers to their iris and then pale yellow at the edges. Is it only heterochromia if it's blue at the center? Or do green and yellow eyes count too?
Norachan Norachan

Thank you! I think she's beautiful too [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128573[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji]

And I'm not sure that would be classified as heterochromia, as heterochromia in cats is caused by the white spot gene. When the white spot gene affects the eyes, it presents as blue on the iris. It basically blocks the natural colored melanin (green, yellow, amber) from forming in that area.

Cats (and humans) can have central heterochromia (like Kiwi) in which each eye has 2 colors. For cats it is blue+another color (mostly blue+yellow). In humans the colors are usually brown+green.

They can also have complete heterochromia, in which one eye is a completely different color from the other (in cats it is one blue eye+ a green, yellow or amber eye). In humans I believe complete heterochromia is usually one brown + one green.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

There can never be too many photos of beautiful Mouse!

I was just about to say the same thing. 

You are too kind - although maybe if I let some of the praise go to Mouse's head it might grow a bit bigger and be more in proportion with the rest of his body.  

(I do love him, honest).

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You are too kind - although maybe if I let some of the praise go to Mouse's head it might grow a bit bigger and be more in proportion with the rest of his body.  

(I do love him, honest).
So do we. He's gorgeous, cheeky and just lots of fun- just like my Sophie