Show me your eyes

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I think the photo works fine the way it is.  The tips of Keeker's ears would actually draw attention away from his eyes - this way, they are profiled.  It's a wonderful shot, all grays and blacks and then those stunning gold eyes.... 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We have no idea what breed she is, she was a feral kitten we found buried under rubble and dirt, but she's grown into a massive 8kg+ cat, she is solid muscle. The vets think she may be part Bengal, but anyhow, Echo is a girl
Ticked tabby can show up in any breed, it just means that the tabby pattern is really pale except for on the face and legs. They look a little bit like they're wearing rabbit fur.

She does look like she's very muscular. What a lucky find!

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@Mainecoonmama12

Aww thank you! And I love mainecoons too. Mine are mixes and both are medium haired. Neither of mine are fully grown yet. Zazzie is 3 and Kiwi is 1. Zazzie got the body shape/head shape of a Mainecoon but doesnt have traditional long coat or tabby stipes. Kiwi got the body shape, head shape and tabby stripes but is also only medium haired. I have noticed that both of them do have undercoats though. Zazzie has the blackest, shiniest, silkiest coat I have ever seen or felt! Seriously, when she and Tesla are near each other, the black on her coat makes the black on his coat look like its grey!

Tesla (my Norwegian Forest cat) is only about 5 months old. But he's going to be a big boy! And he's the only one we have that is truely long haired.

Your kitties look absolutely adorable! Especially the orange boy!

mainecoonmama12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Mainecoonmama12

Aww thank you! And I love mainecoons too. Mine are mixes and both are medium haired. Neither of mine are fully grown yet. Zazzie is 3 and Kiwi is 1. Zazzie got the body shape/head shape of a Mainecoon but doesnt have traditional long coat or tabby stipes. Kiwi got the body shape, head shape and tabby stripes but is also only medium haired. I have noticed that both of them do have undercoats though. Zazzie has the blackest, shiniest, silkiest coat I have ever seen or felt! Seriously, when she and Tesla are near each other, the black on her coat makes the black on his coat look like its grey!

Tesla (my Norwegian Forest cat) is only about 5 months old. But he's going to be a big boy! And he's the only one we have that is truely long haired.

Your kitties look absolutely adorable! Especially the orange boy!
Well thank you! We rescued Chewie from the local shelter, and they weren't sure what he was, so he was actually marked as a DMH. Which was weird, because he's definitely not a medium haired cat. lol He was also 5 months old when we got him and had these huge fluffy paws. His eyes were almond shaped, so we knew he wasn't just a plain tabby. After some research and comparing his pictures to my Grandparents' Maine Coon, I figured he was at least part Maine Coon. We then got Lilly-Belle about a month ago and she's half Siamese, half Maine Coon. She's a chocolate point, and has the eye color and body coloring of Siamese, but the bone structure of a Maine Coon. She's very long, and has the eye shape of a Maine Coon. I just adore them both. Chewie's lynx tips are now starting to come in, and I'm loving it. He's also huge! The only way people know he's only 7 months old, is the fact that he still has a baby face. 

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tabby is not a 'traditional' color of Maine Coons. It is just one of many colors/patterns. They come in 
Solid to Tabby, Black to White, and everything in between. 
The only colors you won't find are

lavender, chocolate, or to have pointed tips, like the Siamese. 

Kricket is  Brown Mackerel Tabby with White (white bib, white belly, and all 4 white feet)

View media item 313844

View media item 322583

View media item 324451
I just love seeing pictures of your cats, they're gorgeous! Those eyes!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!  You could almost superimpose one over the other. They look very much alike.  Beautiful!