Show Me Your Cat Food Storage Set Up: How Do You Store Cat Food?

yogakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

We live in a condo, so space is limited. I just keep them in the kitchen cabinet. Not feeding dry, so no worries about storing it. And I don't feed treats either. Unless it's a piece of cheese or something I'm eating that I'll sneak to Simon. No dry treats.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow. That looks awesome. Where did you get the little can dispenser wire thingy seen on the bottom left? Yes, my explanation is spectacular. I know lol.
I purchased from Target, but it doesn't seem like they stock this item anymore.  The same one is available from Amazon: 
I have three of them lined up in a row, to store 36 3-oz. cans in total. :)

Last edited:

sweetpea24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is an old photo and we've switched up some of what we feed, but you can get the idea...  I keep cans organized by brand and flavor, and the cans are in order by expiration date.  We rotate several different brands, so the can dispensers at the bottom left help me to plan out the kitties' meals in advance and for my husband and I to stick to the schedule (making sure our furbabies don't get the same brand/flavor two meals in a row).

We also have a plastic bin in the freezer where I keep the bags of frozen raw foods, but I don't have a photo of that handy.  And we don't feed a lot of treats, but we have some bags of PureBites in the drawer under this cabinet.  And silicone can covers, in case we ever need to seal and refrigerate leftovers.

Wow! That is a lot of food and cabinet space! I wish I had a lot of cabinet space. Is that a month's worth?

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! That is a lot of food and cabinet space! I wish I had a lot of cabinet space. Is that a month's worth?
Much more than a month's worth, since we only have two furkids in the house :)  We feed two canned meals each day, and two dry or raw meals (raw if we have time, dry if we don't).  Coco and Callie split one 3-oz. can for each of the canned meals so that we don't have leftovers.  So, we go through two 3-oz. cans each day.  I buy in bulk whenever stuff goes on sale, which helps to keep cat food expenses down.