"Should we wait for mom?" "Naw, let's just feed ourselves."

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up this morning to the sound of my cats having breakfast. While that might be nice for some, in my case, it meant they fed themselves. Zek has been very pick lately with his food--some days he'll eat it and some days he just looks at me like I'm nuts. As a result, I have a few cat food samples around as I've been trying to find something he'll consistently eat. Most of these are stored at the top of the bookcase, where he can't get to them.

Except one. That's what I woke up to this morning--Zek (and I'm sure it was Zek since he's smarter than Odo) had dragged the one unopened sample from across the house, all the way to the bedroom. He had opened it, and I awoke to the sound of Odo eating out of the package. The funny part is that while I'm betting that Zek opened it, he still didn't like this food either, so he left it for his brother to eat.

I'm sure the litterbox will be a mess for a few days now.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds familiar...Shark will mew and mew and mew until I give in and give her the food bowl, and as soon as it touches the floor, she will sniff it quickly then walk away!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, he took it through one room, up the short stairs, through the hallway and into the bedroom, opened it, and let his brother eat the food. He COULD have eaten it in the living room, where it wouldn't have awakened me, but that wouldn't have been nearly as much fun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's funny is he normally growls when Odo tries to "share" the food but sometimes they'll both be okay with eating out of the same bowl at the same time.