Should we have favourites?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Rainbow Bridge Boy, Snoopy will always be my number 1 Boy. There will never be any cat or friend like him. He was truly special.

Of the kitties with me now, I'd have to say Simba is my favourite. I love them all, but Simba is the most "in your face", and the most funny of all of my kitties. He's a delight to be around, most of the time, and he is just so darn cute.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite was our Calico girl Patches who died of old age.She was the one that we found beside the road starved,flea and tick infested.She would let the kids pack her around and never gave them any grief about it.
Lilly is fastly becoming my current favorite.Why?Because she looks like Patches and is MY cat!! Corwin is my DD and Blaze is my middle son's cat.
Lilly loves to cuddle up on my chest with me and purr the whole time she is there.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all fours of mine and they each have a special place in my heart, but I will totally admit to having a favourite. Bumper was my favourite from the second I seen him (well the second he jumped on me seen as he seen me before I seen him).

I think it has more to do with him loving me more than the other kitties do than anything else... my BF didn't have Scully when I met him and Magnum was mean and jealous of me and Boomer was a big scaredy cat and always hid from people so I didn't 'really' see him until I moved in... but Bumper is a big bundle of cuddly love.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite kitty passed away 8 years ago, her name was sneaky.

WHen i look at kaylee she is literally the same as Sneaky, so now i dont feel so bad that sneaky passed away all those years ago, because kaylee seems to have replaced her, by greeting me every morning, sleeping by my side and always coming for cuddels and purrs.

I love Teufel equally, but he is only interested in me when it suits him.
He used to favour my ex alot more than me, and sometimes i feel like i took something away from him

Although about once a day teufel will come and sit on my lap for about 5 minutes untill he gets over stimulated.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all four of my kitties for their own special reasons!

My number one cat will always and forever be my RB Disco!
She was such a wonder throughout my childhood and we went through so much together!

Despite her tortitude, she is my light!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love both of my cats. I think they are each a favorite depending on the mood that I am in. Patches my little boy is real playful and funny. Alice is a quiet cuddler, so it depends on the mood I am in. I think I am lucky to have two cats that are very different but they get along great and they have since they were small kittens.

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My spouse thinks I have a favorite! I don't think I do, and I try to make them both as happy as they can be.

Athena is friendly with both my spouse and I, and Artemis likes only me. When my spouse was living with me, I spent much more time with Artemis on my lap, and Athena was usually on his lap. However, my spouse went out of state for graduate school, so it's up to me to be the human socialization for both cats now. I think Artemis and Athena spend equal amounts of time on my lap. I've got one on my lap right now ... let me check who it is (they are very simliar)
... it's Athena!

Artemis is much more insistent when she wants attention, and it feels very good to have a cat who really appears to be bonded to me in particular. Even though it is painful, her wild kneading on my lap is a wonderful feel, and she often sleeps on top of me, which I love. I call her beautiful more often, because her black hair is more even, blacker, and she walks in a much daintier way.

Athena, on the other hand, is more insistent about me getting the yarn out of play with her. I've had a deep relationship with Athena for longer, despite the fact that they are littermates, because Athena has been friendly with humans for longer. Athena is certianly sillier, and makes one want to take care of her. Athena will join me under blankets and likes to sit on my shoulder.

So, if you ask me; no favorite, if you ask my spouse, I like Artemis better. Honestly, I'm more afraid of making Athena the favorite, but, hey, this isn't a reason to argue with my spouse!