should stitches still be in his body??

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My new cat (formal stray) has had stitches now since March SIXTH. I can feel and see maybe 2 stitches. He SHOULD have had dissolving since he was brought in as a feral.

Is this something to be concerned with??

I have a few more questions - while Im here....

2) when should he start gaining weight? I havent noticed any weight gain since that same date

3) I fear he may want to get out. He was at the door this morning when I came inside. Of course have NO clue what hed do - but the street is nearby.

Other than just being careful with opening hte door - it does swing back - so thats good in that it did push him (hurting him is another issue).

Any ideas on how to keep him away from the door???? I KNOW my bf isnt going to be as careful as I - i did put a note on the door - but you know men...

THANKS!!!!!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have a chat to your vet about the stitches - maybe just a phone call to see if you should take him in. As to weight gain, it depends on what weight he was when he arrived. Was he very skinny? If so, he should start to gain almost at once. But as long as he is eating and eliminating normally there is probably not too much to worry about. He may have worms. Again, a chat to the vet is in order.
Keeping him in is more difficult. As long as he does not get out, he will learn in time that it is impossible. But if he gets out once or twice then he will be forever trying, in my experience.