Should I take it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Actually this place is rather expensive so I don't think a single person can eat for $15. So tips(when given) will be higher than that but I wouldn't be surprised if I saw less than the 15% standard. I didn't get the job yet, the guy hasn't called back, but I am still remaining hopeful and I called yesterday to see what the status was but unfortunately no one called me back.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by algebrapro18

Actually this place is rather expensive so I don't think a single person can eat for $15. So tips(when given) will be higher than that but I wouldn't be surprised if I saw less than the 15% standard. I didn't get the job yet, the guy hasn't called back, but I am still remaining hopeful and I called yesterday to see what the status was but unfortunately no one called me back.
Oops! I thought it was 6-23 per check, not per person. Is that with wine or without?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to add that it's infinitely easier to get a job when you already have a job. So even if this is not a great job, it will look good on your resume. Employers look for gaps of inactivity where work is concerned and they can make some pretty awful assumptions based on those gaps. Gaps without explanation screams "laziness" in the eyes of many employers.

That being said, if it were me I'd take the job, but at $3.00 per hour you can bet that I'd be looking around for something better paying too.

A little money coming in is far better than no money coming in. Every little bit helps.