Should I switch to raw and why?

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Personally I thought ticky was weighing sharky's opinion too highly, I just wanted to offer other sites with different opinions. No disrespect Sharky. And how can anyone offer anything but opinions in these situations, if you know of an absolute factual guide on how to raise and care for cats please let me know.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by river

Personally I thought ticky was weighing sharky's opinion too highly, I just wanted to offer other sites with different opinions. No disrespect Sharky. And how can anyone offer anything but opinions in these situations, if you know of an absolute factual guide on how to raise and care for cats please let me know.
there are many of those, kittens for dummies is a well done and easy to understand guide... Dr pritirains( spelled way off) is a great guide , dr frazier has a good one thou I dont own it ...
.. my current guide is my vet , my own background in nutritional science and one natural health book and one oriental medicine book ....

There are always OPTIONS... I gave her the SOLID advice of if kitty is doing well why change it ??

See problems often arise for those not ready to change that go with the "newest wave of this or that"...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I started this thread to gain more information about feeding raw, like if it was easy to switch over and if it were more beneficial. I have never had much interest in feeding raw because my cat seems to be doing so great on the Orijen and I will keep her on it unless her condition (Megacolon) changes which it won't. The lactulose pretty much keeps that under control.

I am thankful for everyone's advice and opinions, but the bottom line is, what works for one cat will not work for another, and the same goes with the owners.

One should not be ridiculed for not feeding raw. Everyone does what they think is best for their cat. I admit that I cringe whenever I hear that someone is feeding Friskies, Science Diet, or any of those corn and gluten filled foods, but if it is working for their cat, who am I to tell them to switch? That is a decision they must make themselves. With the help of these forums and everyone's wonderful advice and different opinions/experiences, they themselves can decide what's best for their cat(s). After all, isn't that why we're all here? To help and offer advice to each other?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TickyTat

I am thankful for everyone's advice and opinions, but the bottom line is, what works for one cat will not work for another, and the same goes with the owners.

YUP , EXACTLY

One should not be ridiculed for not feeding raw. Everyone does what they think is best for their cat. I admit that I cringe whenever I hear that someone is feeding Friskies, Science Diet, or any of those corn and gluten filled foods, but if it is working for their cat, who am I to tell them to switch? That is a decision they must make themselves. With the help of these forums and everyone's wonderful advice and different opinions/experiences, they themselves can decide what's best for their cat(s). After all, isn't that why we're all here? To help and offer advice to each other?
I am glad to know I am not the only one cringing at times