should i switch my vet?

siamese mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would definitely consider a new vet.  Beyond the surgery, thinking about all the reasons you turn to a vet for the health of your pet - it is so important that they keep good records and are organized.

Have you considered soft caps as an alternative to declawing?  Many groomers are now offering that service, just an FYI.

But whatever you decide, good for you - doing what you have to do to keep that kitty out of the shelter!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cuddly calico

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@FhiCat here's an update. I switched vet's and went to one that my friend uses. They are super friendly, organized, and have a soothing atmosphere. Kyo went in for his surgery this morning. I'm so happy with their process. He has to stay there for 4-5 days. We got a call a bit ago from the vet. He came out from anesthesia perfectly fine. He's already playing with toys I left for him. They're keeping him just to make sure his wounds don't re-open. I'm very pleased with the outcome. I'm sad this had to happen, but very pleased that nothing went wrong.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@FhiCat here's an update. I switched vet's and went to one that my friend uses. They are super friendly, organized, and have a soothing atmosphere. Kyo went in for his surgery this morning. I'm so happy with their process. He has to stay there for 4-5 days. We got a call a bit ago from the vet. He came out from anesthesia perfectly fine. He's already playing with toys I left for him. They're keeping him just to make sure his wounds don't re-open. I'm very pleased with the outcome. I'm sad this had to happen, but very pleased that nothing went wrong.
 for an uneventful recovery. Give him lots of TLC once he comes home!