Should I seek 2nd opinion

jayme&jackson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Ok Skittle has been sneezing a week now and last Thursday she had a little raise in temp the vet gave us some meds which are now gone. She still has the sneezing. She is acting like I do not feed her. She is starving and she is grooming me lot are requiring my attention. We do suspect she is pregnant, but her nipples are still the same cause I can not feel them. Her last date outside was March 24th. I have no clue what a heat looks like but I think I heard it when she came in the house on the 24th till the 26th and that was it. I have not heard what might be a heat since. No clue how often they get a heat. I need to figure out If the sneezing is bad to take her to another vet. Which I am in a small place so the next vet is hr and half away and I will have to do emergency. Not a problem but just wanted some other advice.
Jackson came home to us sneezing as well, definatlety seek a second opinion. URI's are VERY Easily spread through cats, maily cats that re going outside. Have her checked, is there colored mucos when she sneezes? A URI can become very serious! Pls let me know what happens!
J&J

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her mucus is gone. She only sneezes like 2x a day. The vet thinks it is clearing up. She had no fever this time either. She was happy. Her eyes are totally clear. I hope it is going away. I know I do not here her wheeze now.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Way to go Skittles.

Thanks for the update.

jayme&jackson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Her mucus is gone. She only sneezes like 2x a day. The vet thinks it is clearing up. She had no fever this time either. She was happy. Her eyes are totally clear. I hope it is going away. I know I do not here her wheeze now.
What relief I'm sure. Glad to hear! Thank-You for keepingus posted

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is great today. No sneezing. Just asting like am starving her.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
humm dont pregnant humans act starving too

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so true. I do notice right now she looks pregnant. Also she is grooming her tummy like crazy. She has no fleas and she is brushed often.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
she is probably saying you things in there stop moving...lol

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not think they move yet. The vet 2 days ago said they are little balls. He said she was at the least 25 days. That means I need to get the time frame down on her due date and figure out what to do. She is getting fluffy. I would think she would look thinner and loss her fur because the winter is over. I did not think of it earlier but when I see her I will look to see if the hair there is thinner. Maybe that is why she is licking so much.