Should I leave?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm at my parents' house now. The cats didn't enjoy the trip very much, but at least they're here with me. I wish I knew how badly it was going to hit College Station, there are a lot of people there. Looks like its moving away though, so things should be fine. It was really heart-breaking seeing all the people on Hwy 45 trying to leave Houston and Galveston. Keep praying for them, guys, and all the other people who couldn't get out like Candie!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm at my parents' house now. The cats didn't enjoy the trip very much, but at least they're here with me. I wish I knew how badly it was going to hit College Station, there are a lot of people there. Looks like its moving away though, so things should be fine. It was really heart-breaking seeing all the people on Hwy 45 trying to leave Houston and Galveston. Keep praying for them, guys, and all the other people who couldn't get out like Candie!
I'm so glad you're in a safe place.

I'm definitely praying for Candie and all the others who can't leave Houston and Galveston. I'm worried sick, to tell you the truth.

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

How long did it take you to get there?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by STLGRL5

How long did it take you to get there?
Almost four hours for a normally two and a half hour trip, but part of that was getting stuck in traffic for an hour, and another part was taking dark backroads at night so we couldn't drive very fast. I missed most of the worst traffic.

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so relieved that you made it there safe and sound!!
I was at the YMCA last night and they had on the news and they were showing how bad the traffic was...they interviewed a couple who had been on the road for 12 hours and only have moved 60 miles...they said the average people are moving about 1 mile for every hour they are on the road...I thought about you last night when I was watching this, praying that you and everyone else made it safe!!!

Keep us updated!
My prayers are still going out for everyone down there

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sanddtigress, glad you made it to your parents house. I know they are glad too. People are praying for the ones in the path of this storm.