Should I have my kitten spayed if she already became pregnant?

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since time is of the essence to get her spayed safely, if it were my cat, I'd go ahead & get her in for the surgery on Saturday. A pregnancy would be difficult for her because of her young age, and there are already far too many unwanted kittens.

I'm sure the staff will check on her to make sure she's safe & comfortable over the weekend.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's best to go ahead with the spay and leave them.Just think about it this way, she'll be in a safe place and will be monitored........and you don't have the worry of her passing away because she is too young to give birth.I REALLY think this is for the best.

I'm sure she'll be fine.Keep us posted about both girls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

happyviking

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In case you didn't see my new post in the health section, I wanted to let you know that they are now both spayed, and Jasmine was NOT pregnant!!! That's a relief for me to know! Both are at the vet's still, and recovering. Both are doing well. I'll get them back tomorrow at 4 PM.
Thank's for helping me through this!!! I's been awesome to have somebody to lean on through all of it! I'll be so glad when they are safely back home again tomorrow!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HappyViking

In case you didn't see my new post in the health section, I wanted to let you know that they are now both spayed, and Jasmine was NOT pregnant!!! That's a relief for me to know! Both are at the vet's still, and recovering. Both are doing well. I'll get them back tomorrow at 4 PM.
Thank's for helping me through this!!! I's been awesome to have somebody to lean on through all of it! I'll be so glad when they are safely back home again tomorrow!
That is WONDERFUL news. Give your kittens a BIG hug from me when you pick them up tomorrow. I am incredibly proud of the decision you made.

Katie

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy for all of you!!!

Now to get them both home and baby them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

happyviking

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, both of you!
It's nice to get a pat on the back!