Should I find this gross?? Cuz I don't...

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gizmo is a very smart and considerate kitty. She vigorously wipes her front feet on the side of the mattress before jumping into the bed.
This would remove any litter adhering to her feet. She doesn't like it herself; and also wipes her feet on the carpets and on the box after using her litterbox.
The hind feet would not track as readily.
And she keeps herself very clean so I have never worried about her rear end.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's gross....but I have had a nightmare or two about one of my kitties having tapeworms,and leaving an egg sac on my pillow!! I've awakened and just knew there was one stuck on my lip!! Now THAT would be gross!!!!

andelawhi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jaycee

i dont wipe my cats bums
I don't do it all the time

Just when they have runny stools and they don't get to it to clean it off right away. I don't want any poo on my carpet if I can help it!

andelawhi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

I don't think it's gross....but I have had a nightmare or two about one of my kitties having tapeworms,and leaving an egg sac on my pillow!! I've awakened and just knew there was one stuck on my lip!! Now THAT would be gross!!!!
What a horrible/gross dream! I have to admit, it did have me laughing though
I bet you woke up thinking, what the heck was that all about?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Same here, heck i kiss the pads on their paws even though i know where they've been
Me too! I figure...if the poop ain't visible, it ain't gonna hurt me!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LunaLou

What a horrible/gross dream! I have to admit, it did have me laughing though
I bet you woke up thinking, what the heck was that all about?
I did!! I woke up spitting!!
I couldn't get the thought of swallowing a tapeworm egg out of my head,even tho I knew that my girls were tapeworm free!! I'm absolutely horrified by worms of any kind!!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i wipe stoli when he doesn't clean up fast enough. i guess it's kinda gross with the bed and all but as long as i don't smell it or see it, it's not there!

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

Sorry to tell you that human saliva is nearly as toxic as that of a Komodo dragon's. If You were ever bitten by a human being you'd have to immediately go to the hospital. It can turn septic very quickly.
Wow, I had never heard that. I've never been bitten by a human, though...luckly, I guess. Do you know why the human saliva is so toxic?

I thought I remember reading once that cat saliva is toxic to a bird, or something to that effect. But my thinking was, the most common way for cat saliva to get to a bird would be biting it, right? So that in itself is pretty uh, deadly.

Hmm...just read this: "Cats commonly have Pasteurella bacteria as part of their natural flora. While this bacteria is ubiquitous in cats and does them no harm, it is DEADLY to birds. Even if your cat just bats your bird or gets saliva on your bird, you could end up with a dead bird."

ETA: Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread...I just realized how off topic I am...heh. It is just so interesting!

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From the University of Waterloo Health Site:

A human bite can often be as dangerous or more dangerous than animal bites because of the types of bacteria and viruses contained in the human mouth. The most common complication of a human bite is infection. Both medical and surgical management may be required to treat a human bite.
Dog's saliva is harmless. I will avoid being bitten or scratched by my cat. I love her but know that she can carry diseases. But the most dangerous species is still the human.