Should I euthanize my cat?

kirothecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat died at age of 15 (he was sick but he was spoiled his entire life and he had a huge home to live in). You should ask yourself before asking anybody else, do you really think euthanazia is the only way. I didnt want to put my cat down because i felt like she didnt want that, while others think it will end their pets suffering. If you think your cat can get better there is alot of people on the site that could look for a good+cheap vet in your area.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise

They're anti-inflammatory rather than actual analgesic, but they do help some.  I would certainly try them if I was @dssjr85.
We'll just have to agree to disagree.  I found that they did zero for pain.  Absolute zero.  I don't see the point of loading a cat up with steroids that will put on weight (and make the arthritis worse due to the extra weight) when there would be zero pain relief, as per my own experience with steroids.  All those people who say "They're great!", I laugh.  Six weeks of steroids didn't even make my pain rating on the pain scale dip in the slightest.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on the type of pain. Injury pain may be caused by a torn muscle or other mechanical injury. Steroids won't help with that. But arthritis is an inflammatory disease so it's usually helped by steroids. It's worth a try anyway.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I stated, they are an anti-inflammatory, not an analgesic (pain reliever) per se.  They do help some, and not others.  In the case of my beloved Sun, who was diagnosed with dry-form FIP and received pred injections, they did help him and he did not gain weight.  Each case is different, as each person is different.  

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
steroids work womderfully for pain. my cat is on low dose steroids for arthritis and she feels much better. ive taken steroids myself after a surgery. the pain wasnt responding to meds after two weeks they gave me pred. in a day it was like night and day.

the cosequin can be pilled. get a pill popper and put butter on pill. give syringe of water before and after. much easier than them not eating it. adequan injections work. this is used in horses originally.