Should I be tested?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I don't have trouble reading, as long as it's an interesting topic for me. I can read novels, while I'm working. However, you give me something technical and or boring to read, and I'll have to keep going over and over it, because I just can't get it the first time around
Hope, you probably are (and, I think, Candie and Dori, too) a kinesthetic learner. I think it's probably less a symptom of ADD and more just a function of your preferred learning style. People learn in all different ways, and the ways that we were taught in school aren't always the best way for everyone.

I'm a kinesthetic learner, too, and I'm neither ADD or learning disabled or dumb. We tend to learn best by DOING something instead of listening or seeing. Unfortunately, the traditional learning methods like listening to a speech or reading a manual just don't work very well for us. I've learned that I tend to do better if I can find a way to do something active while I'm trying to learn in a more traditional way...like writing extensive notes. I find if I WRITE something down it sticks with me, whereas if I just read it it doesn't.

(And, Candie, it tends to take kinesthetic learners longer to read because we just aren't engaged by dry reading...so our mind tends to wander and it takes us longer to get through it.)

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Caprice, don't worry, you have gotten much farther with poker than I ever could! It's just too much, there are too many rules, too many game styles-I don't have the patience for it.