Should I be honest?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

When my first daughter was a tiny baby, I'd gone grocery shopping and didn't find a deodorant I'd picked up until after I put her carrier the car. I went back in and told them what had happened. They not only gave me the deodorant but also a $10 gift certificate for being so honest about something so small. It will come back to you that you did the right thing!
That's so cool.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was probably in the 6th grade I got really into gardening. It was my favorite thing to visit the garden store and pick out plants for my gardens (lots of mint!). One time they had not charged me for one of my plants. I didn't realize it when I got into the car and told my mom. She made me go in and tell them (wasn't to thrilled with the idea!). Anyway they were so impressed they gave me a rose
. That rose meant everything to me. I hung it up to dry so I could keep it as long as possible.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had similar experiences in school...where I would get a question wrong on a test and the teacher would forget to take points off. When I pointed it out, they would say don't worry about it.

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, you can either look at it as their mistake and if you hadn't noticed, you never would have had to make this decision and you shouldn'y pay it back, or you can look at it as their 30.00 and you should pay it back.

Just last month I went to the drug store to buy celafane wrapping paper. I thought they were 60 cents, so I got two. They came out to like 30 cents, so I got three instead. The total was 1.11. They6gaev me an extra single in change, so it only charged me 11 cents. I didn't go back up there, even though I felt guilty, because I figured, to waste my time, when they overcharge you on everything anyway and it was a chaindrug store, so they had millions!!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I had similar experiences in school...where I would get a question wrong on a test and the teacher would forget to take points off. When I pointed it out, they would say don't worry about it.
Yah it was a policy in our schools that if the teacher graded incorrectly they would never lower the score once they were handed back. However, if it was graded incorrectly and you did have it correct then they would give the points back, so scores could go up but never down.