Should I adopt ASAP?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Souch is a little sweetheart!!
As long as you've got an all clear from your vet, that it's safe to bring another little one into your home at this time, I'd say GO FOR IT!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that Angel's death won't be in vain. Re-activating that club sounds wonderful. I would just double check with the vet regarding how safe it is, and then if you feel ready for it, then go for it. When I lost Snowy in Jan, I got a phone call 2 hours after getting back asking if I could take on a cat - I wasn't at all sure if it was what I wanted, but I knew that Snowy would have wanted me to help another needy cat, so arranged to see her that eve - we did have to wait for blood tests though, so it was about 10 days before I got her. It is rare for me not to want to get another needy cat fairly soon though, and everyone is different.

joecool

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
someplace so boring i am slowly but surely losing
First, i will say that i would NOT buy another kitten from a petstore. Often, these cute little creatures in the window are from a kitten mill or a BYB
. Good breeders don't sell to pet stores, because they want to see the buyer personally for the kitten's sake. With BYBs and kitten mills, they only care about making money
!

I say adopt two from the vet. Then you can help two kits in need of a home!

It would be a tribute to Angel's death that you help two kittens that have no home and forget the pet store that sold you a very sick kitten.

Joecool

kathylou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel sorry for the little pet store kittens, but if Angel came from there it could be the pet store somehow contributed to the virus. I don't know if it would be fair to the kitten from the vet to expose to possibly another sick kitten.
I mean, maybe more kittens from the pet store might be sick.

As far as adopting whenever you feel ready. I'm really sorry about Angel.