Should have stayed home and saved the money!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
;)I made mention of the fact I would like to have a freezer for some of the potential produce from the garden since canning jars are almost impossible to find. 1Hubby wanted to go to Lowes (home improvement store) to 'look' at the freezers. Yeah right. I knew we would come home with the purchase of one if we looked. We did, and it is being delivered today. A few years ago we enlarged our miniscule deck to the size we can actually sit on. We had been talking about buying a bistro set for it so we could sit out in the mornings with our coffee. Finally bought some furniture for it. They had the patio furniture on sale to clear it out for the season. Hubby fell in love with a set of 4 chairs (we didn't really need 4). They were 15% off and using our card it was another 20% off. The guy happened to mention the leg on one of the chairs was bent (we didn't see it) so I asked for a further discount. They knocked another $40 off. So I now have 2 extra chairs for when the kids come over.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
;)I made mention of the fact I would like to have a freezer for some of the potential produce from the garden since canning jars are almost impossible to find. 1Hubby wanted to go to Lowes (home improvement store) to 'look' at the freezers. Yeah right. I knew we would come home with the purchase of one if we looked. We did, and it is being delivered today. A few years ago we enlarged our miniscule deck to the size we can actually sit on. We had been talking about buying a bistro set for it so we could sit out in the mornings with our coffee. Finally bought some furniture for it. They had the patio furniture on sale to clear it out for the season. Hubby fell in love with a set of 4 chairs (we didn't really need 4). They were 15% off and using our card it was another 20% off. The guy happened to mention the leg on one of the chairs was bent (we didn't see it) so I asked for a further discount. They knocked another $40 off. So I now have 2 extra chairs for when the kids come over.
Some men like to hunt things down and drag them home, don't they. :lol: I never want to go with hubby when he says he wants to 'just go look.' It's dangerous for the wallet.

Sounds like you got a nice patio set out of it! 👍

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like a great shopping trip! A separate freezer is so nice to have. I use a Foodsaver vacuum sealer to package individual meat portions and I also make up my own TV dinner type meals to have on hand. With all you have going on that might be really helpful for you and your husband.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing I am NOT happy about: We paid to have the old freezer (30+ years old!) removed. I had to run in the house while they were delivering it and didn't realize until after they were gone that the old freezer was still in the basement. I called the number that we got the text from about the impending delivery and was (lied to) told that there was another truck that would pick it up by noon. Noon came and went. I called again and was told that they couldn't give me a time frame but it would be that day. Waited until 5 - nothing! Called the store and asked for a manager. I was told what they had told me previously was wrong - the delivery guys were supposed to take it (like I thought). They are scheduled to pick it up on Wednesday now. Just another annoyance - I almost asked to be refunded the pick up fee since they are inconveniencing me due to their mistake.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think we've had to pay "haul-a-way" fees for most places now too. It is inconvenient waiting on delivery people though. I'm generally home; but today the tree company showed up right before I had to pick up groceries. Fortunately the guy hadn't climbed the tree yet so I could get him to move his car. There was one time I HAD to be somewhere so my mother came and waited. I've done that for her too. The first guy who tried (and failed) to fix my dishwasher was over 3 hours late. I could tell he was having a really really bad day though.