Should all kittens leave mom at the same time or is one at a time ok?

Jackie&Louise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's been 9 weeks since I found my little pregnant stray. A couple more weeks and the kittens will be ready to go to thier new homes 😭 all 3 babies have homes set up, but my question is;
What is best for kittens and Louise(mom)
Should all the kittens leave the same day to go to thier new homes or is it ok if they are picked up over the course of a few days?
Thank you!

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most breeders try to deliver their kittens a couple of days between, so not all disappear simultaneously.

Be sure momma see them be fetched. She will prob miss them, but she wont need to search after them in wain.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think mom's notice as much, though some do. I find it hurts the humans harder lol. But spreading it out over a few days is a good idea. I would recommend getting more spayed asap if you haven't as she should be going into heat soon if she hasnt already.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Definitely spread it out. I agree with Stefan that she needs to see you take them. The mom may be dejected for awhile but will recover. Do get her spayed soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jackie&Louise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most breeders try to deliver their kittens a couple of days between, so not all disappear simultaneously.

Be sure momma see them be fetched. She will prob miss them, but she wont need to search after them in wain.
Thank you for the advice. Oh im dreading it though. My heart hurts just thinking about it.

Jackie&Louise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Definitely spread it out. I agree with Stefan that she needs to see you take them. The mom may be dejected for awhile but will recover. Do get her spayed soon!
Ok thank you. I wish they could all stay with us. Definitely getting her spayed as soon as they all leave. I found her dumped in a park just a few days away from giving birth. I always spay!

Jackie&Louise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont think mom's notice as much, though some do. I find it hurts the humans harder lol. But spreading it out over a few days is a good idea. I would recommend getting more spayed asap if you haven't as she should be going into heat soon if she hasnt already.
I hope that's the case. I feel so sad already. She will be spayed as soon as the babies are gone.