Shots and Petco! Anyone done this??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carrie640

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, don't get me wrong...there is nothing more I would want more to do...and when things become a little more stable for us, this is something I totally will continue to do (as I have always in the past). However, this year, we are a little strapped with some circumstances on top of the economy in MI right now.

Originally Posted by Blast-Off-Girl

Well, I want to take my cats for their annual check-up just to make sure everything is fine. I don't mind paying for the annual exams. The shots are just an added expense. I figured that I wouldn't cut corners for my own health, so why should my cats also receive substandard care?

I'm pretty sure the vets and mobile pet clinics use the same vaccinations. However, I can't understand why Buster suffered such a negative reaction then.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorina

Around here, the clinic prices aren't much better than a vet visit with vaccinations. I prefer having my pet checked by the vet as well as just getting shots.

Plus, in addition to the problem of a possible reaction, it can help to have a good relationship with your vet. Say two people call up and have an urgent problem, and there's one time slot open... who do you think is going to get that appointment, the person who brings their pets regularly for checkups, or the person they only see once every few years when there's a problem?
Very true. I can get in at any time and my vet clinic is the best in the city. It takes months to get a first appointment. But I can call up and I am in right away.
As far as Petco. I don't know. It could not hurt to ask who the company is and then do some research on them.