Sho's so polite!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How wonderful for your first cat to be such a positive experience! I totally understand what you mean by having a calm, polite cat. My Callie is a very polite kitty. She doesn't jump up on the counter, she's not demanding unless it's past feeding time, she doesn't meow incessantly, she understands what's "her space" and what's not, and she knows that she's to come get in her bed at night-night time. Callie is my first cat and it's been such a wonderful experience. Now we have 2 cats, and while Hannah's not as polite as Callie, she's still a very well behaved cat.

annierie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 4 mos old is waking us all up and keeping us up from about 1-3 every morning... I have 6 and 7 year old boys that go to school every day. So far not cramping their style, but how long can I expect this to go on? Or better yet, how can I work with her to keep our schedule better. May be asking for too much... just seems like she's very frisky around that time. If I put her out of the bedroom she's been staying in the howling commences. Is it like a baby that you have to let cry it out and they'll get it? I've always inherited older cats and this is my first experience with a young one.

On a good note
seems she's finally taken to the litter box after our 4 days with her!!!

One step / success at a time

Thoughts?

jimanuel12

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clowangel

Now, cats are a new experience for me so I expected my life to be turned upside down and inside out because of their nature. I've heard so many stories on this forum alone about cats waking their humans up at ungodly hours for food or even affection or for completely unfathomable reasons. Boy was I pleasantly surprised!

Sho is one heck of a polite cat and has the patience of a saint (when I'm asleep). He's willing to simply sleep and wait until I'm fully awake before demanding attention or food, no matter how late I wake up. If I sit up in the early hours of the morning or middle of the night, he'll look over at me curiously. Because more often than not, I wake up sometimes just to check on him. If I lay back down, he'll go back to sleep and wait until I'm actually ready to get up.

When I'm finally fully up, Sho will watch me for signs that I'm really and truly fully awake and ready to start my day. Sometimes, I'll actually have to say something out loud before it clicks in his mind that, "Human's awake!" Only then will he approach me. I'd have to flip the blankets off me before he'll hop onto the bed to greet me with purrs and headbutts because I've forbidden him from getting on my blankets. And surprisingly, he's understood that blankets are off-limits.

When I get up from my seat, Sho will sometimes take over because it's still warm. But when I return, he'll kindly get up and sit on the back of the chair instead.

When it's feeding time, he'll sit there and watch me and wait patiently until I'm done preparing his meal. He won't climb on me, whine, or wind around my legs. He'll only approach when I'm setting his bowl down on the floor. Sometimes, I'll ask him "Sho, meow for me?" and he'll comply and meow. He's so cute. ^-^ He won't even run out if he hears the cans. He'll only come when I call for him.

How polite are your kitties? ^-^ I was wondering if anyone else had such patient and polite cats.
Sho is one polite cat - he is a true gentleman!!!!

We have a turkish van cat, she is lovey and quite intelligent.
she is very understanding, sometimes I think that cat can talk and understand english.
if she gets on the counters, i just tell her to get down and she does.
if she plays with the christmas tree, i tell her not to and she stops.
she is a daddy's girl, she always has been from day one, i don't know why she took up with me instead of my wife, but she did and that little furball really got to me, i love that cat!!!