Shopping Vent

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

And XL fits my bosom, but invariably winds up looking like a maternity top!! ARGH!
Oh...I've had that problem. I loved a shirt I got till my friend walked in with an almost identical shirt that WAS a maternity top! And since my tummy isn't it's flattest (I'm working on it!) I did get asked if was pregnant. Fortunatley I liked the lady who asked or I'd have been upset. I feel all your shopping pains! If I go for a reduction someday, I think I will wait till after I have children and go through life some more. But since my back is sore and tired durring most days I do believe I will someday. Oh and as far as 'granny bras' go...Fredericks solved that problem for me very well! Support and style!

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

If I go for a reduction someday, I think I will wait till after I have children and go through life some more. But since my back is sore and tired durring most days I do believe I will someday. Oh and as far as 'granny bras' go...Fredericks solved that problem for me very well! Support and style!
That someday may be now - check w/your health insurance. Mine was covered under my mother's family policy, as I already had excruciating bouts of back pain and divots in my shoulders from ill-fitting bras. A simple referral letter from our GP and a frank consultation with the cosmetic surgeon were all it took to get the procedure covered.

I do find that Fredericks has some larger sizes available to avoid the "old lady syndrome" - but even those were hard to come by as a 34 bust. Not so much now that I'm rounder elsewhere, but I do hope to avoid that once I've reached my goal!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I just wanted to say congrats on the weight loss!
Twenty-two pounds is DEFINITELY something to be proud of!!!!!!
Thanks! I'm trying for more, just really hope I can stick with it and not fall off the wagon into a bag of cookies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm heading to the Fredericks webpage to see if I can find something that isn't too high in price and will look cute. Thanks for the tip.