Shopping Lessons - forever learning

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if the double-door carriers come in a larger size. Since the handle is on the door, it can't be too heavy or the top door will break.

ETA: I guess they do have it in a bigger size! http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000W2...7945926&sr=8-1 That's a nice carrier. But wow that's a big price jump!

I do have one of the double-door carriers and love it, but really with regular carriers I just tip them on end and they're almost just as good. I am working up to having a carrier for each cat, but since I can't get them all in my car at once I'm not sure what good it will do. . .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the end loading, one door, carriers at the shelter all the time. It is a hassle to get some cats out. Getting them in (feet first with carrier on end) is the easy part.

In your situation, Willowy, maybe those car kennel things would be best, with space for multiple cats.

Robin

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what a "car kennel" is? Like a wire dog crate? IME, cats can get out of those (the spacing on the floor wires is very wide, they just lift the tray and scootle on out). And it would be hard to find one that would fit in a Honda Civic, LOL! But anyway, in a true emergency I'm sure I'd figure something out. 3 cats to a carrier, put them in the trunk (with the rear seat down), and whatever else I had to do. And usually in an emergency cats will shut down a bit and not fight. But very few of mine could go in the same carrier under normal circumstances!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what I mean:

http://www.petego.com/products.aspx?catId=24&prodId=121

I've seen other brands/styles, and I've seen this one for less, elsewhere. The large will fill up a seat, I think.

I got the carrier ordered from Amazon yesterday. It was actually $29.99. It's exactly like the ones I bought at Petsmart, but for so much less. It came from Revival Animal Health. Because it was listed as an "in stock" item at Amazon, I paid no shipping (as it was over $25).*And no tax.

I have one of those larger Petmate 2 door deluxe carriers in my "cart" on Amazon now. However, the price on that one is $46 and change. That's the thing, with all these suppliers, the same item on Amazon can vary a lot in price. And sometimes when I have had items in my cart for a while, even a day or two, it is sold, it is the only one, and I can't get it for that price anymore.

Robin

* I checked again, because it didn't make sense that I didn't pay shipping since the item came from an outside supplier (through Amazon). I DID pay shipping. It was about $6.00. Sorry, I didn't mean to lie. I think when I was first looking (this all happened last Saturday) the price, directly from Amazon was $28.53 with free shipping. But, since I fooled around, that one was taken, and I got this one for $29.99 plus shipping. In the end, it cost more than the one I bought in person from Petsmart - with the sale price, 15% off for friends and family, and adding sales tax. And I'm glad of that, because otherwise, it seems such a joke - at Petsmart.