Shocking what is in pet food

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ Beef in the grocery stores in town is state raised as that one of the things Oklahoma produces a lot of. Chicken, pork, etc is anyone's guess - it's all mass farmed. There is a butcher several miles away, but it's not like it used to be. The town I grew up in had a pop. of ~1500 and used to have a butcher, like most of the small towns did.

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

Seriously. I go through this cycle about once a quarter. LOL!
So do I but then looking at them I realize why I am feeding them raw. Cutting up meat for 18 cats isn't fun...especially with one cat (Rajah) needing differant meals than everyone else.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryfriends50

So do I but then looking at them I realize why I am feeding them raw. Cutting up meat for 18 cats isn't fun...especially with one cat (Rajah) needing differant meals than everyone else.
Hiya, FF! You should be commended for all the work you do for those kitties. God bless you for the angel you are!

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would love to feed raw but everything I have read and heard about cats with FeLV is to never ever ever feed them anything raw due to their compromised immune systems, they are more likely to get sick from it.

I have read them almost everywhere, even on a raw feeding site(can't think of it) that it is not appropriate for any cat with a compromised immune system(it specifically said FeLV, but said any cat with a compromised immune system) so I'm SOL on that.

Taryn

kittykatt23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i know some people who dont care what goes in their cats and feed them low quality cat food. They ended up fat and full of health probs. They also dont care if that their cats are fat. Sometimes it makes me wonder if they should have cats. I feed my cats grain free dry food and wet food. They get their dry food in ounces in ounces instead of cups like most cat owners would do. Mine are not fat and they have no health probs and their teeth are fine.