"Shocking Truths Behind Cat Behaviors"

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Physical time zone is +3 hours from Mouse's physical time zone, but we must understand that as thoughts have no mass and as they travel at speed of light, our thoughts might be actually just thoughts from past, that have time travelled to future, or if we create a thought from nothingness here and now, our thought will travel to future, this explains how sometimes thought can vanish as we get stuck in current time and thought will shift to future like if no time would have passed at all for thought, sometimes thought realizes this error and comes back immediately but for us time has already passed and we find thought only later, sometimes it might take days at least for me

It seems to be now 9.40 a.m as of 23.3.2014, so does it mean that I'm from the future?
Well given that I read this Mouse time somewhere round about 16.00 on 23.3.2014 it would seem that you are from the past and time becomes even more confusing.  I just lost an hour watching your explanatory video but thank you as that time feels as if it was well spent.  Thank you JTbo,  I am now thinking that perhaps I should look for an apartment at the top of a very tall block in an attempt to slow down Mouse's and my aging process. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Physical time zone is +3 hours from Mouse's physical time zone, ....
It seems to be now 9.40 a.m as of 23.3.2014, so does it mean that I'm from the future?
Well given that I read this Mouse time somewhere round about 16.00 on 23.3.2014 it would seem that you are from the past and time becomes even more confusing.  I just lost an hour watching your explanatory video but thank you as that time feels as if it was well spent.  Thank you JTbo,  I am now thinking that perhaps I should look for an apartment at the top of a very tall block in an attempt to slow down Mouse's and my aging process. 

Hey, @MServant   no,  @JTbo  is really from your future because he is +3 hours ahead of you.....lol.  (Not your past....I would be from your past...GMT-5 hours. )

so I have not watched the documentary yet, but it does sound interesting, except, do I also have to move to an apartment at the top of a very tall block, as well?  I don't like heights....geesh....so I will pass you all in the aging process then.....lol

( I still want those past or future cookies.  lol)

@JTbo    You are definitely  from the  future, since you can come up with these amazing theories and observations, and I am sure your cats think so too.  lol.

I will watch that documentary tonight, which is your past, your morning too.....oh boy....this is so confusing...lol

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, very confusing, but what is more confusing is this:

We are completely unable to be faster than our cats when playing with them, even as our thoughts run at light speed they are still a lot faster than us, often they seem to know at very instant you are attempting to do a surprise move which is your planned next move.

So are we from past or are cats from future if now is really now and not the past or the future?

Today my Panther started running before I was even moving my hand to throw his new toy (1 inch bit of bicycle handlebar grip) he was moving right where I was going to throw that toy for him to chase, but he knew it before I got to throwing part :D

Of course it might be that he can read my body language so well, but that would be boring "experts" say -explanation and we are no fans of such of course :D

One thing I did not see on that link which Lamiatron gave us, was what it is when cat has buffed tail, but only 2-3 inches from the tip? That does look bit silly, made Panther look bit like a poodle, that dog with skinny tail with kind of ball at end of it.

My trigger finger is getting worse again, ahem, medical condition, not related to shooting :D :
http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/t/trigger-finger

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, very confusing, but what is more confusing is this:

We are completely unable to be faster than our cats when playing with them, even as our thoughts run at light speed they are still a lot faster than us, often they seem to know at very instant you are attempting to do a surprise move which is your planned next move.

So are we from past or are cats from future if now is really now and not the past or the future?

Today my Panther started running before I was even moving my hand to throw his new toy (1 inch bit of bicycle handlebar grip) he was moving right where I was going to throw that toy for him to chase, but he knew it before I got to throwing part

I am quite overcome by your observations, this is amazing stuff and now my mind is racing so fast I may be lost in a time warp for some time while I think this through!  The other thought I have on such behaviours is whether it relates to the powers of our resident aliens whether in fact our behaviours are under their control, such as with the effect of their meows at different pitches triggering us to feed them like a baby's cry does.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I read a book about a year ago that blew mind mind. It was called Dogs Who Know When Their Owner is Coming Home by Rupert Sheldrake. He explores the possibility of a psychic bond between different types of pets and their owners. It is mostly about dogs, but cats, horses and birds are included.
We did one of the experiments at home over the course of two months and sure enough, our dog, Waylan, could tell when my husband was starting his trip home. Waylan would start to get restless, wandering around and looking at the door and windows. I would note the time. When my husband got home, he would share with me the time he started to get ready to come home (gathering up his stuff, thinking about any stops he had to make, etc) and it would be within a minute or two of when Waylan got restless. We did this at odd hours, not on a schedule, so it wasn't like my husband came home at 5 every night and the dog got restless at 4:30. It was truly random. And fascinating.
Sheldrake also did some experiments to try and figure out how and why dogs can find their way back home, even if left in a strange place. They used GPS tracking and had some interesting results. The dog will circle for a few minutes, like it is getting it's bearings, make a few false starts, and then head precisely in the direction of home.
The other part I thought was fascinating was a story about a tribe in Africa. The men would leave on a hunt and be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. The women would know when they were returning and if they had a successful hunt. If they 'knew' the hunt was successful, they would set up a feast and everything needed to prepare the kill. If not, no preparations were made. Sheldrake contends that we all used to have heightened senses, but those have been dulled by our adaptation to conveniences over time.
Here is a link to an article Sheldrake wrote about his research:
http://www.ru.org/consciousness/the-unexplained-powers-of-animals.html

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read a book about a year ago that blew mind mind. It was called Dogs Who Know When Their Owner is Coming Home by Rupert Sheldrake. He explores the possibility of a psychic bond between different types of pets and their owners. It is mostly about dogs, but cats, horses and birds are included.
We did one of the experiments at home over the course of two months and sure enough, our dog, Waylan, could tell when my husband was starting his trip home. Waylan would start to get restless, wandering around and looking at the door and windows. I would note the time. When my husband got home, he would share with me the time he started to get ready to come home (gathering up his stuff, thinking about any stops he had to make, etc) and it would be within a minute or two of when Waylan got restless. We did this at odd hours, not on a schedule, so it wasn't like my husband came home at 5 every night and the dog got restless at 4:30. It was truly random. And fascinating.
Sheldrake also did some experiments to try and figure out how and why dogs can find their way back home, even if left in a strange place. They used GPS tracking and had some interesting results. The dog will circle for a few minutes, like it is getting it's bearings, make a few false starts, and then head precisely in the direction of home.
The other part I thought was fascinating was a story about a tribe in Africa. The men would leave on a hunt and be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. The women would know when they were returning and if they had a successful hunt. If they 'knew' the hunt was successful, they would set up a feast and everything needed to prepare the kill. If not, no preparations were made. Sheldrake contends that we all used to have heightened senses, but those have been dulled by our adaptation to conveniences over time.
I have read about these experiments, those are actually something that got me thinking if our thoughts are actually time traveling. There are also theories about parallel universes, there might be unlimited number of them, who knows if each second has their own and maybe without mass it would be possible to move between them, bit like dark energy flows through us all the time or as we move trough dark energy and matter as we float around the sun and our solar system goes around center of our galaxy at incredible speed.

That illusion of time documentary is really interesting angle to how time actually works.

What we say is psychic connection might be actually something that has already happened, for a dog, there might be a way to travel in time in our thoughts, to see to future perhaps, there is still so much unexplained in our universe that anything can really be possible explanation and maybe we will find some answers in a future, last 10 years have been really great discoveries and there is about to be much more in near future as our understanding from world increases.

Maybe it can be found out which way to use our brain to activate that sleeping partition that allows to see such things that for example dog clearly must see.

I really believe that there are logical explanation to everything, but some point we just need to rethink the logic :D

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I really believe that there are logical explanation to everything, but some point we just need to rethink the logic
I agree with you here. The world we live in is amazing and we understand so little about it, or the universe and beyond that surrounds us.  I wish I had one of those minds that could work things out and process what I see in a systematic way, but I don't! 
   I do have a sense that these theories on time and space are uncovering something we have been blind to for a long time, but that perhaps our animal companions have a better sense of it all.

All this serious thought coming from a very entertaining and funny link! 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I read that. We've never had a dog or cat that didn't know when we were on our way home, even though we both have irregular schedules. Our last cat was really good. I take the train to and from work, and walk to the train station. Jamie would get up in the kitchen window about 10 minutes before I arrived - just a little longer than I need to walk home from the station. It used to freak my husband out when I took a later train and the cat knew it. All he had to do was look and see whether Jamie was sitting in the window waiting for me, so I didn't bother calling.