Shivering/shaking, seems to have lost weight

kit e cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
what's a care shelter? If you're talking about an animal shelter, this is not the time. You are right in the middle of kitten season. Shelters have more on their plates than they can handle. Giving unweaned kittens to a shelter is a death sentence to them, I hate to tell you.

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry about momma cat. I hope the kittens thrive with your loving care. I went through this same thing last year and hand raised kittens from a week old. Hang in there. In my area a shelter will not take kittens that are not weaned as they cannot leave kittens that tiny in a kennel situation. A rescue group might be your best chance for help. It is wonderful for the kittens that you are trying so hard. Good luck.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can raise them my brother did it with Shadows litter and they all lived. You can bottle feed them. My Brother had his friend that works at a rescue help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

redgie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kit E Cat

what's a care shelter? If you're talking about an animal shelter, this is not the time. You are right in the middle of kitten season. Shelters have more on their plates than they can handle. Giving unweaned kittens to a shelter is a death sentence to them, I hate to tell you.
Yeah I figured that it might be like that. I think we're pretty set on taking care of them ourselves. They're taking to our syringe things decently well and seem to have lots of energy. We also usually have someone in the house at all times to help them. They're starting to get pretty mobile and I think a couple have teeth. I think it'll turn out okay.