Shipping Litter to Your Home?

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone buy litter online? I'm sick of lugging a 40lb box from Petco home every month.

What website do you use? Do you use an auto-ship feature, or just order as needed? Pricing vs. store? Free shipping?

I just am exploring ordering litter online. I found my litter on Wag.com but it's like $30, when it's like $15 at Petco. That seems a bit extreme. 

Thanks in advance!

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try looking on Amazon.com and you may find better prices.  My hubby is an Amazon Prime member and we order our cat food on that site. Since he has Amazon Prime we get free 2 day shipping on our cat food.

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use scoop away and order through jet.com. A 42lb bag is under $12 plus Free shipping over $35. I just couldn't continue to lug that weight anymore either.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You could try looking on Amazon.com and you may find better prices.  My hubby is an Amazon Prime member and we order our cat food on that site. Since he has Amazon Prime we get free 2 day shipping on our cat food.
Same here. Amazon Prime is worth every cent. They lose money on me from all the free shipping I get

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used both Amazon Prime and Chewy.com.  The only issue is that I once had a bag with a hole in it.  It was a mess.  The company sent another bag, but sometimes they do not package them very well.  I use the 40lb bags and I wonder if a box type litter would ship better.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I order my 30 pound bag of litter through Amazon prime. It's great to have it delivered to my apartment door and costs no more than at brick and mortar stores. I've never had a problem with breakage.

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pay just under $15 for 40 lbs of litter through Amazon Prime. It's cheaper at Pet Supplies Plus, but that is 25 miles away.

We have a free Prime membership so I get lots of stuff through them.

I should check into litter at chewy.com.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I order my 30 pound bag of litter through Amazon prime. It's great to have it delivered to my apartment door and costs no more than at brick and mortar stores. I've never had a problem with breakage.
Same here. I'm sure the UPS driver isn't thrilled about it but it works out great for me. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I actually have Amazon Prime and it's $30 for Arm & Hammer Multi Cat 40lbs on Amazon, or $15 in Petco. So dumb. I know they have to make up shipping, but it's annoying that it's twice as expensive. Chewy has it for $16, but there's a minimum order so I'll have to start ordering my cat food through there also. 

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This would be a nice option if you want to order a few bags, free shipping @ $49 http://www.chewy.com/cat/litter-411 The litter prices on the sites that sell other stuff I have noticed to be kind of expensive 
You profile picture betta looks like just like my Peppermint, in his better days. Now as a senior, he's not as lively, not as flaring but still a sweet boy. I think of him as my little patriotic fish as he is red, white and blue as yours.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Regarding the litter, I coupon my litter so for me, the savings are worth it. I go to Tractor Supply and get either the Paws N Claws plain litter or the Tidy Cats Scented non clump litter. I recently got a 40lb bag for $3 with a coupon and a sale.

Last edited:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does TSC have clumping litter for a reasonable price?
Its $10 where I am for a 40 pound box. I used it once and it clumps fine but I prefer non clump litter, got tired of my boys leaving with pan with cement boots.

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will check it out. $10 is less than what I'm paying now. I go to TSC anyway to buy their 4Health canned cat food.

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I recently switched over to the worlds best cat litter because I found a promo for $11 for their medium sized bag. It really does last as long as it says it does. I'll link the site that sells it for cheap once I find it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Precious Cats. It is the blue bag/box. I find it to be very heavy, but does so well in clumping, dust...

Good Luck... I pick the litter up at either Petsmart or Petco when it is on sale. Those stores are great about getting the litter into the trunk of my car.. I have an issue when I have to take it out. I can barely carry the 20 lb container. I am also considering ordering it on line, for delivery...