Shelter morning--fail

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This morning was my shelter volunteer morning. I spent some good time with most of the adoption-ready cats.

However, one of the girls that has been there a while got taken out of her cage, prepped for being put to sleep. She's always been a bit of an oddball. She's timid. Stick your finger in (or even near) hear cage, and she'll swat at you. Open the door, however, and you can pick her up and take her in the exercise room...usually. They asked me to spend some extra time with her, and I did. She's a long-haired tortie, and quite loving, with a love for chin scritches, petting, and brushing.

But they're afraid of her scratching a child or being a big problem if she gets adopted. About the best I could hope for is a move to the Barncats Rescue. She might do well there, if given the chance.

On the bright side, we have two long-haired black cats with white chins, a real pair of bookends, who are just unbearably lovable. And two cats who I would bet are British shorthairs; round heads, short noses, thick fur, and short tails. And one big white boy, already neutered, picked up as a stray and very lonely.

Oh, and one little girl with a serious URI. She could hardly breathe, it was so bad. They put her in isolation, hoping she recovers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure. She would have been a good candidate for Barncats Rescue, and that may be where she went. My wife told a co-worker about her after lunch, and she called about taking her as a barncat, but they said she was no longer available. But that's their rule; they never tell you about putting a cat to sleep, or where he might have been placed with a rescue.