Shelter cats?? Need to vent

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear your kitties are having a difficult time. Sending good vibes for them and for you.

Our Oberon was a stray eating out of garbage cans, and he got a wicked UT blockage two weeks after my husband took him in. He kept have relapses, and it took four trips to the vet (one was the emergency hospital) before he started getting better. (We were poor students with no car.) But now he's been with us for 15 years.

There was no mention of Lily's heart murmur when we got her from the SPCA (not that we wouldn't have kept her anyway!).

Hang in there!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your kitties. Rob & I adopted our two new additions on September 23, and have been to the vets back and forth with both of them so far. We adopted Monte with an upper respiratory infection, which he then proceeded to give to Katina. They both were taking Amoxicillian + eye drops. Katina's poop was extremely runny and pale, so she had to start taking "kitten immodium" (forgot what its called), and Clavamox. That got better, then Katina got ringworm on her tail and had to have medication for that + a shampoo for both of them. Next thing you know, Monte is breathing through his mouth because he is so congested, and blowing snot everywhere. They put him on Cefadroxil last weekend. This might be the first full week + weekend we've had them that we didn't take them to the vet. Monte has a checkup next weekend on his breathing (which has cleared up, although he still sneezes from time to time), and then both go back on the 28th for another checkup + vaccine boosters. They are only 10-11 weeks old now, and weigh about 2½ lbs a piece. When we got them at an estimated 8 weeks, they were only 1.3 and 1.6 lbs!

I think you are doing wonderfully by bringing them to the vets. It should get better soon!