Shelf Stable Milk

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might have to try this Parmalat. Living on my own, I don't go through a whole lot of milk, and I always realize that what I have is spoiled right when I finally want to use it in cooking or something. Would be nice to be able to keep some in the pantry to use whenever I needed to! Need to go grocery shopping tomorrow, hopefully, so I will see if our local Wal-mart or HEB has it!

In the Philippines, they sell a lot of shelf-stable milk, but I never liked the taste. But a lot of things in the Philippines taste a little funny to me - banana ketchup is bleh! But I loved the honey-cured bacon my aunt cooked for us. Time to see if this kind of milk tastes better than the Filipino kind!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure it's been around in my country since before me. But again dairy is one of our largest exports and was our largest for many years.

It tastes fine - and like Amanda I use the goats & lactose free for the kids when they're learning how to drink from a saucer. What have you guys been putting in your coffees at Service Stations & Airplanes for years? Real milk. Luxury.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it
It's the only milk I like to drink, it tastes soooo much better...It's like it is sweeter and has less of that cow taste- don't ask me how but the regular gallon milk they sell leaves a nasty aftertaste for me that reminds me of cows too much

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's been available in Europe for decades. We prefer fresh milk, but always have some UHT milk on hand in case we run out of the former.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of it. I typically buy lactaid skim milk and freeze it. I always have a stash of frozen 2 litre containers in my deep freeze. I take one out and it takes about 4 days to thaw out in my fridge and the unthawed container lasts in my fridge all week until it's consumed.