Shedding/Furballs

cocopuffsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is almost 3 and it's my second spring season with her. I noticed that in the past week her fur has been shedding more than ever. I'm brushing her daily but is this normal after the Winter season? She is a black cat and she also is getting lot's of dandruff with the brushing. 

Oddly enough with all the shedding she has never coughed up a fur ball since I adopted her. Is this all normal? 

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

My cat is almost 3 and it's my second spring season with her. I noticed that in the past week her fur has been shedding more than ever. I'm brushing her daily but is this normal after the Winter season? She is a black cat and she also is getting lot's of dandruff with the brushing. 

Oddly enough with all the shedding she has never coughed up a fur ball since I adopted her. Is this all normal? 
same thing happens to my black kitty. although she's only 6 months old, she sheds A LOT. and i have also noticed some dandruff. she has also never coughed up a hair ball. THANK GOD.

couple things i do to help her:

1) for the dandruff, i give her a full on wipe down every couple days with moisturizing pet wipes. at that time a lot of fur will come off on the wipe too. she just sheds a lot

2) i put a bit of coconut oil on her. and by a bit, i mean the most minute of amounts! once a week or twice a week i put coconut oil on my own hair and scalp. once i'm done, whatever residual oil is left on my hands, i'll just run along her body. like i'll just find her and pet her. lol.

3) i purchased flax seed oil for animals. i bought it off of luckyvitamin.com, although it can be found on amazon too (lucky vitamin has it for cheaper!) it has worked great with both of my cats. it has helped to reduce the shedding A LOT. they still shed, but, my clothes, are not filled with cat fur if i carry them or pick them up. my bed and other furniture is not filled with cat hair anymore.

here is a link:

i gave both my cats less than the recommended dose, as i did not know how it would affect them, or if they would like it. they did turn up their noses to it at first, but they hardly notice or care anymore when i add this to their food. 

i hope this helps!