she went across

gerard jones

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was given a kitten, she got pregnant at 1 yr , all the kittens died because she ran out of milk and I didn't have a clue.
After that I got her fixed and let her go out daily.
She always came home when called every night.
One night she failed to show, next morning a neighbor knocked on my door and said she's on the road dead.
Just like that she's gone. A couple of other cats keep coming to the house looking for her, she was popular. !
its difficult to grasp the loss.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
SO sorry for your loss—- heartbreaking. At least you have the consolation of knowing it was instant, though why in this day and age all cars don’t have detection systems or roads w/ computerized warning signs I don’t know. Someone could make a mint.
Depending on where you live, there seem to be some advanced tech options for keeping your cat within your lawn area, though cats are pretty good at “hacking” anything known to man! (It might be worth a Google). You could also get a reflective collar if your cat goes out at night, or a microchip might help. (Of course, birders would say always keep your cat IN, but then it is so hard to do so). Where I am, there are so many wild animals that the cat HAS to come in at night…so I try to time this with him wanting FOOD, which always works. Good luck and may your heartache ease!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on your sad loss. Your neighbor was compassionate and must think very highly of you to be willing to be the bearer of such terrible news; they were aware that you would be wondering and hoping and worrying. I have been on both sides of the coin, so to speak, and for me the "not knowing" is far more tortuous than realizing that my precious kitty is gone. Grief is unpredictable, whether it is for a human or a cat; there are many good articles on it, but grief isn't static; one minute, you will be utterly stunned, the next minute unable to think or feel, then overwhelmed with emotion or simply crying your eyes out. As long as people have had the capacity to know and love, they have had to deal with loss, mourning and grief. For me, it helps to look up at the night sky and see the Night Sky Trail (Milky Way), the trail that the Ancient Ones believed was what we now call Rainbow Bridge, the cross-over to the next realm to which all who live now must one day relocate.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, from one who definitely knows the dangers of a busy road. Try to remember your little girl as she was, happy and loving life. She gave you a gift few receive in this world, a cat' love. The love that bound your souls together will never be taken from you. It is spiritual, so eternal. she will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Never hold guilt for something that gave her so much enjoyment, You must have intent to hold guilt, and your only intent was to love her and make her happy. Horrible accidents do happen, please try to remember her in happier times. Not one of us is perfect, and hopefully, we go into the future with gained knowledge. Go forward with your life as you would want for her to live if you were the first to go. It is what she would want for someone who she loves so dearly.
Grief is a long, lonely journey that you take by yourself, no one else loved that little girl as much as you do. you need empathy and compassion right now, your life will never be the same, but time will help to make your world right again, and perhaps bring you another little one, who's love will reside right next to hers in your heart. Never replacing, but making hers even more special and stronger. Keep busy and know time is the only thing that helps to bring acceptance to your heart. I have stood in your shoes and know what a horrible, lonely time this is. Take care, my friend, we are here any time you need to talk. We are all together in our love for these amazing creatures......RIP dear sweet girl. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friend, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Whatever else, you did the best you knew for your little girl, and she loved you. Here's the thing about love, it never dies, it is translated and purified, and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. Always, forever Love abides. That part of her that loved you is with you still.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gerard jones

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My neighbor is a farmer. He's quite used to death.