She was the reason I joined this site

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In October, 2008 I found this site when searching for help. I had brought in a feral tortie, originally named Autumn, later aptly named Scaredy Cat, after a couple weeks of feeding her outside, and gaining her confidence. Apparently I introduced her to my two indoor/outdoor neutered boys too soon, because she showed extreme aggression toward them, to the point they were terrified, and all of them began marking.

She was spayed and calmed down to the point where the boys had normal lives, and though she was always afraid of men, she dearly loved me. She truly lived up to her name, and hid when strangers (or later, my grandson) came in.

She saw her 2 brothers go to the rainbow bridge, hated everyone when we got a puppy in 2015, and greatly disliked a kitten we adopted in 2018.

Otherwise, she's had a happy enough life, spending many days and nights cuddled on my bed, or rocking chair. Her favorite spot was beside me if I had food.

She developed hyperthyroid issues a few years ago, but we were managing that with transdermal meds. She was not eating well in March, so I took her to the vet. She had dropped 2 pounds since December, and weighed 6 lbs. The vet felt she was dealing with brain lesions, which I guess brought on a sort of dementia.

A steroid shot and fluids perked her right up, and she ate like a pig for several days. Would stand on her hind legs begging for vanilla ice cream, which I was happy to give her.

Gradually her appetite slowed down, and last week, nothing would get her to eat. She was clearly not feeling good, so I had to let her go. One of the most heartbreaking things I've ever had to do.

I hope she is running free, enjoying sprigs of cat nip and all the ice cream she can eat.

RIP, Scaredy Cat.
IMG_20150402_140224216.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Scardey Cat, dream you deep. Your pawprints are one someone's heart forever.

Such a lovely life you gave to a timid cat! I can tell that she lived, breathed, and had her being wrapped in your love. Your love stood beside her as she took her first step into your home, and your love walked beside her as she took her first steps through the Gate between this Adventure and her Next Great Adventure. Now, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she blesses you, and she sends her love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Aww, sweet girl. What a good life you gave her, and I know the love was returned. My heart goes out to you--letting them go is one of the hardest decisions we ever have to make for our beloved fur-kids. :hugs:

Rest in peace, Scaredy girl. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely tribute to such a beautiful girl.......
To be remembered and loved after death is a great honor, she will remain in your heart for the rest of your life. Love is spiritual, so eternal, she will forever remain as close as your thoughts and prayers. You gave her what she wanted most in this world, someone to care for her and love her. She was happy.
My heart cries for your pain, to let them go to save them from suffering leaves a huge hole in our lives. That hole can be filled with more love so open your heart to any that comes your way. Her love is safe, it will remain with you, never to be replaced. It is unique, only known to you and her. One day your beautiful memories will bring you comfort.
Take care of yourself and those left in your life. live and love every day as if it was your last, none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. Your beautiful girl is at peace because she is loved, and one day that peace will descend to your own heart, on the bond of love that will always tie you together.......RIP precious Scaredy Cat. You will always be remembered, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!