She never sleeps o_o

munashi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!

Recently, my husband and I brought home a 10 week old bengal kitten - Zelda.  Bengals are known for being very high energy, so I'm not surprised for find that she is FILLED to the brim with energy, which is what brings me here!

My husband and I have noticed that if we are around, she wants to play. The first day we had her, she fell asleep in my lap on the couch. Since then, it seems like she will NOT settle down to sleep unless we leave her completely alone. If we are there, she is at full speed! If we're gone (or if she thinks we're gone - she's not allowed upstairs just yet), she'll settle down and take a nap. I have also noticed she usually only eats if we aren't there, although she has eaten in front of me a few times.

Is this typical? I haven't had a kitten at home in about 13 years, so my memories may just be fuzzy, but I'm fairly sure my prior cats were able to get some rest in after play - even if I was still around. Zelda has yet to do this, even if we spend hours playing, and I'm wondering if this is something she'll eventually grow out of (maybe we're just too new and interesting right now) or if this is just typical bengal behavior to be aware of. :)

Thanks everyone! Apologies for the new parent questions, lol.

pusheen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's a Bengal, she's a kitten, and she's in a new environment. I'd expect her to be at peak energy at this time, and to be a bit wary at the same time (which is why she's eating when you're away). She should settle down a bit after a few weeks (settle down being relative to her Bengal-ness, of course!). :)