She actually called!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your mom called you
I know how it is to have a stubborn mom too, and can relate to a lot of the crap you go through. Hope your visit is enjoyable and without stress!

If it weren't for holidays, my mom and I probably would never talk either...Already for Xmas she got snippy and nasty about our plans, then turned it around and said she wanted to whatever we wanted to do and wants everyone happy, and back and forth and back and forth.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
How did the visit go? Did you make home in one piece (without falling apart first)? I hope at least the time with your brother was good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

How did the visit go? Did you make home in one piece (without falling apart first)? I hope at least the time with your brother was good.
It actually went really well hun. We were civil and my brother cuddled with me the whole time on the couch.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hun, I am so glad that you had a nice day, you really deserve it, I hope that your mum continues this and you have a new year and a new start.xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

how do you think things will go from here Kailie?
I'm not sure truthfully. We've talked on the phone a couple of times since then and she seems to be acting like nothing ever happened. That's all fine, BUT my fear is that nothing will really change and it's just a matter of time before the whole thing happens again. One day at a time I guess.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

I'm not sure truthfully. We've talked on the phone a couple of times since then and she seems to be acting like nothing ever happened. That's all fine, BUT my fear is that nothing will really change and it's just a matter of time before the whole thing happens again. One day at a time I guess.
My mother does that, too. She'll say something completely stupid and get everybody in an uproar. But then she'll call and act like nothing ever happpened. It's like we're just supposed to deal with her. It gets very tiring after a while.

I'm so glad that she called you, Kailie, and that you had such a nice day with her. And yes, just one day at a time. That's all you can do.