Shaving And Change Of Fur Color

kittykisser

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Raya is a Balinese and I recently gave her a lion cut. Now that it is growing back, her body is brown. I have been reading that fur can get darker if the skin is cooler. If so, will she eventually go back to cream colored? Did I break my cat?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
The Balinese is a pointed cat. That means the fur on the cooler parts of the body, i.e. the points, will be darker than the rest. Generally the points are face, ears, tail, feet. As cats age many will develop dark fur on their entire body as they don't maintain their body temperature as well.

Shaving the cat will have the same cooling effect so the fur will be dark as it grows back in. Once it's fully grown out and the body temperature rises, you should start seeing the body fur lighten and the points become more obvious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykisser

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Balinese is a pointed cat. That means the fur on the cooler parts of the body, i.e. the points, will be darker than the rest. Generally the points are face, ears, tail, feet. As cats age many will develop dark fur on their entire body as they don't maintain their body temperature as well.

Shaving the cat will have the same cooling effect so the fur will be dark as it grows back in. Once it's fully grown out and the body temperature rises, you should start seeing the body fur lighten and the points become more obvious.
Oh good! I will try to be patient. It's not done growing back in yet.