Sharing a toothbrush?

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm planning to purchase the Virbac C.E.T. Oral Hygiene Cat Kit, and start brushing my two kitties' teeth.  They are currently each getting one of the dental chews each day, but they are quite pricey and each treat adds 15-20 extra calories to their daily diet.

Anyway, my question, for those of you who currently brush your cat(s)' teeth regularly, is -- do you have a toothbrush for each of your cats, or do they share one?  If you do have multiple, how do you keep track of which toothbrush belongs to which cat?

Just wondering if I should purchase two of the kits instead of just one. 

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's fine to share toothbrushes
If you're worried about germs tranferring back and forth between the cats, then get separate toothbrushes. You can write the cat's name on the toothrbush with a permanent ink marker or wrap colored tape around the handle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

It's fine to share toothbrushes
If you're worried about germs tranferring back and forth between the cats, then get separate toothbrushes. You can write the cat's name on the toothrbush with a permanent ink marker or wrap colored tape around the handle.
Thanks for the input!  
  I think I'll buy two kits.  Wish me luck with this whole toothbrushing thing!  My kitties do put up with a lot of annoying antics from me, so hopefully they will be tolerant of this as well