Share Your Maine Coon Photos...

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Been away for a while due to work load but, the busy season is winding down! Thank God! Read more here Manny's Dna Test, My Absense And, Florence

I have a few MC photo's to post! Like mightyboosh mightyboosh I'll dribble them in a little at a time!

FaBEAR FaBEAR MC's do have that lope like a Tiger. I agree with mightyboosh mightyboosh , just call him a MC. No one will know the difference.

Here's a couple of Tama. He passed away in Feb. of 2017. The sweetest, laid back and, gentle cat you could ever meet. I still miss him very much!

View attachment 253098 View attachment 253099
:grouphug::hearthrob::rbheart::angel::redheartpump: :grouphug2:

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat I love photo 6, it shows her off perfectly. I can never get over the beauty of a Maine Coon face. I always think it's a regal and superior look.
Just one question, how on Earth does she get into that position on the display cabinet without a calamity? Those ornaments look quite special.

yeah i collect art glass.. the only calamity we've ever had was when i tried putting vases on the dining room table. which happens to be a designated high speed zone. lol. she's not graceful. but somehow she never tumped anything up there. it's not something I encouraged. I generally work with her. if she decides something is going to be her sleeping spot I clear it out. we fought over that shelf for awhile. I can't recall how we came to a resolution. I don't think I ever cleared that one off. I think I might have just put more stuff on it so it wasn't so easy to get up there. and put a scratching post by my desk so she could hang with me. (that was an extension on my office desk)

she's often a model in my art glass photos (not because I ask her to lol) http://www.thegildedcurio.com/images-large/304-f.JPG

that's one of my favorite pics.

Last edited:

Kimberloo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my Nacho. I have no idea what he is, but my son, who obsessively reads cat books, insists he is part maine coon. He's 15 years old and I'd guess between 17-18 lbs. He's crazy tall and long as well, with big toe tufts (we call them floofs) and a massive tail.

11403155_10153403082308818_3106040808153529721_n.jpg
13882669_10154303622333818_1142918456920615361_n.jpg
40790384_10156533459468818_1197681355958255616_o.jpg

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FaBEAR FaBEAR - When @mwallace056 asked a recent question on the Breeding Forum, I actually considered reviving this thread:

All Things MAINE COON

since you (and Tiger, of course) and so many Maine Coon owners make up a large portion of the "regular posters" these days on TCS. I'd enjoy seeing interaction among you, mightyboosh mightyboosh Shane Kent Shane Kent @valentine319 @MistyDawn thefiresidecat thefiresidecat sabian sabian and other "Coonies" comparing notes and photos, and I've no doubt that other Big Breed fanciers would as well.
I'm a nominal "Coonie" too.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
According to Base Paws Manny is a Cyborg made up of spare parts. An anomaly if you will but, somewhere under all that fur and in that 20lbs of flesh there are molecules of a MC lurking and....I got the papers to prove it! And, guess what! If someone post a thread about Ragdolls...I can post him there too! Bahahahaha! He's kinda like that Johnny Cash song!
IMG_4776.JPG

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nailed it!!

sabian sabian i just read your basepaws feedback. you got a better result than I did. they told me that dante is short haired and orange when I emailed them to ask if I got the right results.
top results are Abyssinian and american short hair and tonkinese.... and i've heard of other people sending in sibling cats and getting totally different reports back for them. and the following 7 or 8 cat breeds for him are all siamese type breeds.

personally I am not writing them off entirely.. yet... I'll give them another couple years to get their act together...

but dart board...

either that or I really did get mixed up with someone elses results.

Last edited:

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat Oh NO! He looks Tonkinese to me! :flail:It does sound like maybe there was a mix up. It's funny, Manny's results had Tonkinese way down the list at like 8 I think. I think they got it closer with mine than they did yours. Manny's closest match was Ragdoll then MC and third, which I found odd was a Napoleon. I had never heard of a Napoleon but, it's like the cat version of a Dachshund Hound. You can't tell it when Manny's hair is grown out but he actually has really long legs. He's every bit as tall as my last MC but his body is shorter. Muscularly and bone structure seem a lot alike though. Siberian was 5th or 6th on the list for Manny.

I'm like you, I'm not writing them off. I don't know how all this DNA stuff works but, I'm looking forward to the updates as the database grows. It'll be interesting to see if and how the matches change.

I emailed the owner once and she was real responsive. You may want to email her with a pic and ask for a retest. Just a thought.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Do we have any Maine Coon owners in the NYC area who post here? My photographer friend has an offer for you, please send me a message, thanks.