Share your cleaning products that have worked for you

northwest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I thought I'd start a thread about cleaning products that you've used and found good results. I wasn't sure where to put this topic. I'll start by sharing mine.

This product has totally removed urine smell and stain on a light colored carpet. You couldn't tell, even on close inspection that an animal had urinated at all. It actually amazed me how well it worked. It's a moist powder so it doesn't saturate the carpet with moisture like a liquid can. The granules appear to soak up the soil and trap it into itself and get rid of the order when it dries. You just vacuum it up.

http://tinyurl.com/resolve-powder

This is a great surface cleaner and littler box cleaner. It's a natural product made from thyme that kills germs. I find that it cleans the littler box well and leaves a fresh, natural smell.

http://www.seventhgeneration.com/Disinfecting-Cleaner

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I mostly use Natures Miracle/Urine Gone and White Vinegar but I will definitely try these products for sure, thanks for the tip.

tkaner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My experience is that one has to know where and what material the cat has urinated on. The biggest challenge I have found is on the edge of the carpet up against the base board or in the corner. It seems that at those places, the urine can get into carpet, pad, concrete, painted wood ,tack strips and sometimes wall board. I have had some luck with Urine-Off www.urineoff.com. People on this site have noted Nok-Out which I do own,but have only started to try.

I have mixed very diluted amounts of tide with hot water and used a home roug shampooer. The extractor really helps if you saturate the carpet.

Now if the pee is not on the side or in a corner, I find it much easier to clean.

I bought a pump sprayer that is used to spray gardens and they work pretty well and can spray a lot of cleaner on evernl but heavily.

I like the idea of not saturating the carpet, but if the cat urinates a byg load, I think the cleaner has to follow.

I have tried "odormute" available at amazon and it too seems to work, but it is more of an odor eliminator then a cleaner. These products all say they have bacteria or enzymes that eat the odor causing material, but if you have a big diarrhea stain, you must chean that up with a cleaner I think.

I have used color safe bleach, but I am not sure if that is the same as regular bleach which is supposed to actually be bad. I figured the color same kind would be OK.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stink-Free (Petsmart), Anti-Icky Poo and NOK Out (online) are the only ones IMHO that truly work for eliminating urine and breaking down bacteria.

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Best, Best, Best and BEST stain remover I have EVER found is called "SPOT SHOT" (get the stuff in the can, not the spray bottle). It's $3.88 a can at Wal-Mart. The stain (even blood) disappeares instantly, amazing!

After I spray that on, I just have a spray bottle full of my steam cleaner liquid and use paper towels to blot it up.

After I've blotted it up, I use ADVANCED Nature's Miracle in the spray bottle. I LOVE IT! It takes away the odor so well, the cats don't go back to "cover" whatever smell was there. (My issue is one cat who barfs, hyperthyroid on occasion), but I HAVE had cats that pee over the side of the litter box, and even though I have plastic placemats tucked under each side and a rug in front of each one, sometimes the pee has reached the rug.

It's hard work to lift that sucker of a heavy litter box, spray, clean the box AND the rug while holding the box with one hand, ugh! (Then I put down paper towels sprayed with Advanced Natures Miracle on the carpet spot to take care of the rest of any pee smell that may be left and it works.)

But for stains, SPOT SHOT in the can at Wal-Mart! I've never found anything better and tried TONS of stuff! Spray it close to stain and watch it lift immediately, then the other 2 products.

Warmly,

Julie O'